The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Contour - back in business - 2015 range

Looks like I’m a few months late with this but it’s news to me. Contour is back.

http://contour.com/

2015 preview and interview

That’s awesome.
More competition in the action camera market is good.

Gonna be harder than before I reckon?????

With all the new competition, GoPro’s stranglehold, and what I see (more like gut feel) as a drop in consumer demand/want for POV Cameras, plus the fact that they’ve already gone out before, I can’t see them lastin that long!!!!!

I think it really depends on their new products. I think you’re right in that the demand has waned a bit… at least it seems that way. People haven’t been wowed in a little while. I think the consumers are craving something innovative and fresh. The old stuff is boring…

Pfft

My biggest gripe is that the older camera’s are still good.

I have a gopro1. And while there are a few hiccups in it, there isn’t much use in me going out and spending $300-500 on a new one with slightly better features.

Plus the more I took it out, the less I actually wanted to film… How many times do people actually want to see me hit the same boring jump / box / run. I’m not a pro and don’t show off anything special so I’d prefer to go out and have fun than to try and choreograph a decent video worth uploading (unless it’s actually something special.)