The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Timelapse photography 2.0

was contemplating just posting this on the coolest thing I’ve seen on the internet thread from general chat, but thought it was more suited to here.

basically Microsoft is developing software which uses complicated stitching techniques and other crazy stuff, to stabilise film which has been sped up by large amounts (in the vid the examples are all 10x speed) it all works with any footage, pretty useful for filming interesting things that aren’t action packed like hiking or climbing. It could be one of the most powerful film making tools in the future.
the example video:

technical explanation(also in description of other vid):

Thats mad, keen to do this with some footage when it comes out!

I believe Hyperlapse is now available on the app store!

wow, that IS cool! yep in the App store!

very nice!

yea. but for now It’s only on iPhone :(

I’m sure it won’t be too long before there is a good android app that does the same thing. a good easy to use PC version would be best though, imagine a hyperlapse of these using 4k footage from a DSLR or even better a Red or blackmagic cinema camera… the eyegasm that would bring O_0

Had a bit of a play with Hyperlapse while I went for a short drive. Pretty cool! Just need to find something interesting to film with it now.

Tills - 28 August 2014 03:51 PM

Had a bit of a play with Hyperlapse while I went for a short drive. Pretty cool! Just need to find something interesting to film with it now.

Sweet can’t wait to see what you can come up with.
I’m thinking something like a rollercoaster would be really cool in hyperlapse.