The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Can a larger deck help with landing tricks?

As it is now i’m finding it difficult to land any flip tricks. I can sometimes land a pop shove-it but most of the time my foot lands around the bolts and slips off.

At the moment i have a 7.5” deck, it is my first setup so i just bought a complete not knowing about deck sizes. I have size 8 US shoes if it matters. When i stand on the deck with heels aligned with the board my feet stick out to about the balls of my feet.

Could this be part of my problem with landing flip tricks, while pop shove-it’s any way. Kickflip’s and heelflip’s are a whole other problem.

Thanks

7.5” is pretty small, even for size 8 shoes. It definitely couldn’t hurt trying a wider deck to see how it feels. To answer your question, yes, a larger deck gives your feet more room and therefor more stability, which could help you land a trick. It won’t solve all your problems but it might help.

Of course havin a bigger dick will land you more tricks!!!!!

I dont know man, i have a massive deck and i ate shit…

Maybe a deck with more concave will help your foot stay put.

Bigger is always better wink

deanobruce - 28 November 2013 03:35 PM

I dont know man, i have a massive deck and i ate shit…

Yeah but you weren’t trying to do tricks, just roll across flat ground…........ Ok, I’ll say it, you were on carpet smirk

michelle

big surprise

rider26 - 28 November 2013 03:17 PM

7.5” is pretty small

Is that Skin On or Off?????

So 8.5 - 7.5 = 20% off ??

skate

LOL

Mizu Kuma - 28 November 2013 03:32 PM

Of course havin a bigger dick will land you more tricks!!!!!

Or being a bigger dick, I don’t know if anyone else saw that but ha ha ha LOL

Well on the serious side though.

Bigger decks have the larger surface area, so there is more foot space. The thing is with a bigger board comes the need for bigger flick. Other things that play a role in how your decks performs is the shape of the board, concave, wheel base and the overall dimensions of your board.

Try going up to a 7.75 as it is a small change, but still enough to make a difference.

C J Parker - 28 November 2013 09:15 PM

Try going up to a 7.75 as it is a small change, but still enough to make a difference.

Good call. thumbsup

7.75 sounds good i’ll give it a go.

Mizu’s comment made me go through and make sure i spelt deck right LOL

I think after watching this….

We can all take something away about deck size shaka