The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Group/People to roll with

Hi All,

New to Boardworld (Thanks to CJ from Bondi store who has pointed me this way, and for being extremely helpful on products in general !), fairly new to skating, a large part of progression I feel is having people at your skill/better then you to roll with. Its inspiring and helpful, and its something I am missing being fairly new to the scene.

Been skating now for around 2 months, I can skate confidently in terms of basics, and working on my flatland tricks.

Would be stoked if I can find some people on Boardworld to push me on from where I am at now.

I am hoping this thread can also serve to help others find people to skate with, as much as I would love to just hang around people you see skating, its not the easiest thing sometimes ! I would like to make this an open forum to allow people to get together.

I have no problems with who I skate with, but it would be helpful if your at least confident in basic skating, otherwise there will be a lot of walking involved ! smile Also, I dont care if you toke or whatever else, but appreciate if leave it out of your skating life. A day job, car and girlfriend or wife would be nice too, so I dont feel like a dog if I end up having to cancel a skate due to any of those reasons wink But whatever, just have a passion for rolling, and I am happy.

Reply or PM its all good. I am quite close to the city normally, if I stay with the missus, I am Inner West.

Cheers,

- Fox®

Just hanging out at skate parks can help out in that regards. There is always someone skating and some will be more than willing to help you out while your around. It is generally the easiest way to get to know people and see what is happening. Watching other people skate can help you see what is going on.

Welcome to Boardworld, Fox!  cool smile

Congrats on picking up the good ol’ board. Just go down to bondi where I skate, or if your near the city, hit up waterloo or cammeray. But pretty much, it’s more fun skating with someone just a little bit more skilled than you. that way they pump you up when you’re at a spot, and you can learn from them without making every skate trip like a trick tip.

Thanks Rider26, I am looking forward to the Skate section on this expanding more and more !

Lewis, you nailed it, I am not after people to “teach” me necessarily, or give me a detailed description on tricks, more just to consistently skate with.

I do hit Waterloo and Cammeray, though I havent been to Bondi. At the end of the day though, I skate the city mostly, Martin place and St Andrews Cathedral.

I might try to head to Waterloo on Saturday. If your headed that way, let me know.

Cheers

- Fox®

i agree. skating with a few of the boys is frigging awesome. it g’s you up and gives you the extra edge you need to bust those gnarly hams

if your inner west just head down to five dock. there are people there of all ages and are always ripping and offering to give you advice. yeah just try and head to the same park a couple of times and make friends and im sure they will be happy for you to roll with them.

Once you come down to a park or spot pretty regularly, you sorta get to know everyone slowly. After a while, they can become your crew.

I like to skate with anyone with a passion smile There’s not many people like that around me though. If anyone gets the chance, watch the video. “Freeling” on Youtube. It’s a skate documentary smile You’ll be happy you did