The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Suggestions

Is there a suggestions thread?  I wanted to suggest BW doing some video gear reviews.  There are a few around on the ‘net but they’re mostly not that good and I’m sure BW could do better.

Now that the site is mostly built, and we have a store, I really want to get back into product testing and writing reviews. I never really thought about doing video reviews, but I will definitely consider this as I start reviewing more products.

rider26 - 29 August 2013 09:10 PM

Now that the site is mostly built, and we have a store, I really want to get back into product testing and writing reviews. I never really thought about doing video reviews, but I will definitely consider this as I start reviewing more products.

Yeah if you can do a decent job of it, I’m sure you’d get plenty of hits and you could pimp the store at the same time.

Is there a way that the products available through the Store can be linked to the reviews?????

I know that public reviews are a great way to research gear!!!!!

When I was originally researching my current board I certainly used video review channels like “boardinsiders” on youtube so I’m sure there is a market there. Could be surprisingly complex though I know they have at least a few different people test the same board which would take some time to film.

Flex tests wouldn’t be that hard though and I’m sure would interest some people.

I went riding with the dudes from Boardinsiders in Whistler. They couldn’t keep up. raspberry

Seriously though, do you think a quick video is a better review than a detailed review article with photos etc? Personally, I much prefer writing the review, as points don’t get missed. I feel if I were to make a video, I would forgot to mention a lot of key points. Definitely keen to explore this though.

write the review and then record it?  smile

I reckon if you can test a range of gear, maybe focus the reviews on the stuff you really like and that you think would suit others.  Maybe you could even stick a “BW Recommends” on some of them.

The problem with most of the other video reviews is that they don’t seem to have a lot of substance.  If you just spent a couple of minutes at the start going over the vital statistics of the gear (maybe get the rep in to do that part?), then have some footage riding with it, then maybe give your own thoughts and what type of rider it might suit, you’d have a good result.  You could also do a detailed written review and maybe have the video link to that.

I’m digging all of this. This is something for next year for sure. I plan on riding a lot more over the next couple of years (moving back to Whistler), and I already want to film a whole new “How to Ride” series. I could for sure add some product reviews to the mix. Maybe I’ll just pay a filmer to follow me around all season, like Torstein. LOL

Jez-gasm

A love story

I like this ^^^^^ I like it a LOT shaka