The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HELP: HONG KONG N SINGAPORE WHERE TO STAY N WHAT TO SEE

Hi Guys

Im headed over to hong kong and singapore soon and i dont have any clue
of where to stay and what to see.

i would hate to come home and have wasted a day or two because i was wondering around aimlessly…....

HELP

In HK Ocean Park was pretty cool when I was there last (http://www.oceanpark.com.hk)

was wandering around and randomly caught a bus there ... the aquarium was awesome as were the pandas…. not sure if there is another rival theme park now but it was a good way to spend one day….

The cable wakeboarding park in Singapore is rad! http://www.ski360degree.com/

Sentosa is also worth checking out, bit touristy though.

I haven’t been to Hong Kong…

I’ll leave this thread up here for a little while so you get more replies, but then I’ll move to Mountains and Travel. smile

no dramas

ski 360 looks awesome

It was a lot of fun, went back for a second time too. Lots of jumps and jibs set up around the lake.

that looks awesome! how much is it for a go?

I can’t remember but I think it was pretty reasonable. Maybe $30 to 40 AUD for two hours? Two hours is enough to make you really tired.

Haven’t been to Singapore, I’m way too paranoid about all their rules and regulations and getting caned and hanged. Sounds like an awful place.

Hong Kong- been there, enjoyed it. I stayed at the Island Pacific Hotel, and it’s a very reasonably priced spot, a bit far from Central, but still within easy walking distance- the bus from the airport will stop there. There isn’t a whole lot to do in Hong Kong, except to shop and admire the skyline (impressive). I also took the fast ferry to Macau for a day, and I’d say that is more interesting than Hong Kong, certainly more historic stuff there. The international crowd hangs out in Lang Kwai Fong, accessed by the commuter escalator from Central.

Food’s good, goes without saying.