The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

“The Crash Reel” Giveaway - Win 1 of 10 Prize Packs

WIN 1 OF 10 PRIZE PACKS!

To celebrate the release of The Crash Reel on DVD, we are giving away 10 prize packs from Hopscotch Films and Oakley Australia. We have three winners packs including Oakley sunglasses and “The Crash Reel” on DVD. We are also giving away seven runner-up prizes of “The Crash Reel” on DVD.

To enter: Post a photo of yourself doing something funny/interesting/creative/silly/entertaining while wearing a helmet (any kind of helmet). You must post your photo into this thread and you must be wearing a helmet. Do something to grab our attention or even something to make us laugh! Don’t own a helmet? Well, borrow one from a friend, or even better, buy one to protect your noggin! Bonus points for wearing a vintage helmet like the 80s Stack Hat. Maximum of two entries per person.

This promotion is open to worldwide entries. The winners will be chosen by the team at Hopscotch Films. This contest closes at 5:00pm (AEST) on Sunday, August 18th, 2013. The winners will be announced in this thread the next day.

The Crash Reel is out on DVD on Aug 7th. If you want to purchase a copy, please visit Hopscotch Films.

THE CRASH REEL - OFFICIAL TRAILER

This eye-popping film, stunningly edited from 20 years of verité footage, follows champion snowboarder Kevin Pearce and exposes the fatal allure of extreme sports.

An escalating rivalry between Kevin and his nemesis Shaun White (2-time Olympic Gold Medalist) in the run-up to the 2010 Olympics culminates in Shaun winning Gold and Kevin in a life-threatening coma following a training accident.

Kevin’s family help him rebuild his life as a traumatic brain injury survivor, but when he insists he wants to return to the sport that has caused him so much pain, his eloquent brother David, who has Down’s syndrome, intervenes. As an elite athlete, Kevin was a professional risk-taker but now his skills are impaired and a small blow to the head could kill him. How much risk is too much? Featuring a stellar soundtrack, with songs by Moby, Sigur Ros, The Chemical Brothers, M83 and Jose Gonzalez, Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Lucy Walker uses Crash Reel to bring to audiences across an epic and true story or rivalry, the hard facts of life and ultimately, the value of family.

Looking forward to seeing these entries! thumbsup

1 entry per person?

evil

Does a hard hat count?

TJswish - 05 August 2013 05:33 PM

1 entry per person?

Edited. Maximum of two entries per person.

DylanV - 05 August 2013 06:25 PM

Does a hard hat count?

Yes, it’s still a helmet.

Hope a football helmet counts!

All helmets count. Haha that’s great! LOL

Hmmmm I need to think about getting an couple entries in! What to do, what to do….

Surely this counts on here for doing something stupid…

We can all agree, what you’re doing in this photo is very stupid.

I mean, how are your goggles meant to protect your eyes when they’re on your forehead? teacherboy

Skis and poles are the stupid thing i see wink

I didn’t want to point out the obvious, but hey, that cat is out of the bag now! thumbsup

Also, I need to pick my words very carefully when my skier fiancé is a baseball-bat-wielding maniac.  grrr

LOL

K2_TeacherBoy - 07 August 2013 10:39 AM

Skis and poles are the stupid thing i see wink

thumbsup