The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WIN 1 of 5 Double Passes to see “The Crash Reel” (Sydney)

To celebrate the release of The Crash Reel, we are giving away 5 x double passes to attend Sydney Charity Screening of THE CRASH REEL at Cremorne Orpheum, July 29th, 6.30pm, with elite snowboarder and traumatic brain injury survivor Kevin Pearce attending and participating in a Q&A. With 20 years of footage, this jaw-dropping and uplifting doco chronicles the epic rivalry between Kevin and Olympic gold medalist Shaun White, culminating in Kevin’s life-changing crash and comeback story with a difference.

To enter,  reply to this thread below and tell us in 25 words or less what you find most inspiring about snowboarding. The winners will be chosen by the team at Hopscotch Films. This promotions closes at 5:00pm (AEST) on Sunday, July 21st, 2013. The winners will be announced in this thread the next day.

The Crash Reel is out on DVD on Aug 7th. If you miss out but want to attend, you can purchase tickets here.

THE CRASH REEL - OFFICIAL TRAILER

This eye-popping film, stunningly edited from 20 years of verité footage, follows champion snowboarder Kevin Pearce and exposes the fatal allure of extreme sports.

An escalating rivalry between Kevin and his nemesis Shaun White (2-time Olympic Gold Medalist) in the run-up to the 2010 Olympics culminates in Shaun winning Gold and Kevin in a life-threatening coma following a training accident.

Kevin’s family help him rebuild his life as a traumatic brain injury survivor, but when he insists he wants to return to the sport that has caused him so much pain, his eloquent brother David, who has Down’s syndrome, intervenes. As an elite athlete, Kevin was a professional risk-taker but now his skills are impaired and a small blow to the head could kill him. How much risk is too much? Featuring a stellar soundtrack, with songs by Moby, Sigur Ros, The Chemical Brothers, M83 and Jose Gonzalez, Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Lucy Walker uses Crash Reel to bring to audiences across an epic and true story or rivalry, the hard facts of life and ultimately, the value of family.

I love the way snowboarding brings people from all walks of life together. No matter what corner of the world you travel to, if you see someone carrying a board it is that easy to start a conversation with them.

The ability to create, laugh, hang with friends, build features, talk smack on the chair lift/gondy, hassle skiers, and most importantly have endless fun!

I think that the single most inspiring thing about Snowboarding is how it gets us all to appreciate Life and what it has to offer!!!!!

Snowboarding is all about community and the coming together of like minded individuals, good times and good friends….except on powder days

snowboarding, your clothes make 3 to 5’s a do-able 8!

Too sexist/controversial?? i couldnt make the sydney prem anyways. I just like the sound of my own typing smile

I love snowboarding because pants are optional. nobody wants to wear pants. Sometimes cats live in my pants. while im not wearing them of course. they couldn’t live there when I was wearing them, thats just silly.

The winners are:

eagles1990
surferguy56
Mizu Kuma
DigitalReaver
LowGuido

Please contact promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your tickets.

Booyah!!!!! shaka

Stoked on Dan’s win with this as now we have a hot date wink

will you and Mrs Mizu be doubling with us Mizu?

Guys u will have so much fun, this movie is unbelievable ...

ozgirl - 23 July 2013 07:16 PM

Unfortunately, we already have a date with our Accountant!!!!! rage

So Fatima became the recipient of my double pass!!!!!

to easy winners!!!  rocker

Mizu Kuma - 23 July 2013 07:46 PM
ozgirl - 23 July 2013 07:16 PM

Unfortunately, we already have a date with our Accountant!!!!! rage

So Fatima became the recipient of my double pass!!!!!

So now you gotta put up with me thumbsup

Ohh dayymmm! I got in! Sweet! Thanks BW!!!  shaka