The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Womens Snowboard Jackets - Sizing

Hi girls!

It’s less than 2 weeks until I leave for the snow and I have decided i HATE my snowboard jacket and need a new one! I currently have a Burton jacket and my biggest issue with it is the length as it’s annoyingly short. Have found a rip curl jacket that I like but I’m worried i’ll have the same problem with the length and because its online and a limited offer I cant go try it on! I’m on the taller side, about 5’9 which probably doesnt help!

Do any of you guys have any experience with rip curl jackets and know what the length is like or can you recommend some brands that make longer jackets? I dont think i can handle another season with my jacket riding up every time i sit down (or fall down!)

Thanks heaps!

Hi!

Welcome to the girls section.

Unfortunately I don’t have any advice for you about rip curl jackets :-(

But i do have the same problem which is why i try it in store!

Thanks smile

Trying one on is probably the smart thing to do.. I just hate going shopping! But I guess its better than ending up with another short jacket!

Haha!

I hate it too! But don’t mind doing it for snow gear grin

Steph my partner had the same problem aswell, she hates the fitted type girls gear, So after last season she just bought mens jackets so she could get a longer looser fit.

most girls i ride with rock mens gear.

Yeh might be worth checking out some guys jackets on the weekend then. Not too phased about having pretty colours as long as it fits right!

Sucks no one seems to make decent practical skate/snow stuff for girls. Had the same problem with girls skate shoes so ended up getting guys ones.

Roxy ones look pretty long?

I have a North Face jacket that goes below my butt!

There is a Rip Curl shop in Jindabyne maybe go in and try one on. I for a while wore a mens jacket for length but I hate that they arent fitted well to my shape. At 5’8 I have the same problem.

Thanks for all the replies, definitely going to need to go suss out some guys and girls jackets. After spending nearly $200 at the vet tonight though I might need to pull the whole “early birthday present” trick!

I like your style!

the website should have the length on it in the sizing advice? Then you can compare lengths with your current jacket (either measure it yourself or google the model and you should be able to find the sizing info for it)

I wear men’s jacket and pants, thanks to the issue you have. If you are actually interested in riding, rather than pretending to ride, sitting with hot chocolates and taking photos of yourself as a hot snow bunny, then you’re gonna have a bad time in most women’s snow clothes. The cuts are stupid and impractical.

cords - 25 June 2013 12:47 AM

, then you’re gonna have a bad time in most women’s snow clothes. The cuts are stupid and impractical.

I don’t think it is all that bad!

You have some good tips about measuring but most of these jackets look like thy go pretty low…

http://www.roxyaustralia.com.au/womens/snow

I don’t trust pictures any more! Mine looked long in pictures and is actually short. All the measurements I’ve looked at only seem to have bust, waist and hips, not length which sucks. Don’t know why they have to make things so difficult!!

air180 - 25 June 2013 09:45 AM

I don’t trust pictures any more!

100% agree!!

But I am just saying don’t write women’s gear off completely!!

Go try some stuff on! shaka

Just get a BW hoodie… those things are toasty wink