The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nikita make boards now?

Anyone else seen or heard anything about this?

http://www.nikitaclothing.com/snow/board/H1312002/150

That link shows the boards available. Seem to make a zero camber all-mountain board and a regular camber park board. Anyone know what factory these are coming out of or heard any more about them?

a bit more of my own research found this:

http://gear.mpora.com/snowboarding/nikita-20122013-snowboards-preview.html

Says the boards are made in the Elan factory - not sure as to the rep of that place or what other brands boards come out of there.

Yeah they do. I’m waiting to get one!! smile hey cords what is happening with your plans to sweden? Wanna sneak of to Iceland?

To be honest I’m not that enamoured with the specs of their initial board offerings. Bataleon Distortia or evil twin (whatever I can find cheapest at the time) remains firmly in my sights for my next board, I think!

Yeah plans are going well. We leave oz november 27th. Got a place sorted from the beginning of december to end of april. Not sure what is happening with work yet although I think we have 20-25hrs of cleaning work a week secured..but not 100% on that yet.

I would looooove to go to Iceland. I really want to see a puffin (among other things!)
Not sure if I can see myself going during the season though, as I’m hoping to save craploads of cash by just snowboarding, working, eating and sleeping for those 5 months and then have the moolah to hopefully travel in the spring and/or summer…and then we’re doing a 2 month road trip across the states for august and september! Also if I went anywhere else during the season, it’d prob be up north to are to ride with mates up there.

What are your plans so far?

Hahah now that your talking about board getting. Yeah i don’t actually know what I want. probably just try out a billion boards and pray I like them. arg. need to get my first board. Any tips?

I leave 16th November. Fly to the London and then up to Edinburgh to visit family. Then some how land in Morocco(surfing) for 3 days.
After that straight to Poland. I’m in Poland most of the time so I’ll be aupairing. 26st jan -2 feb (snowboarding) Austria some place near Lienz and the 16th feb - 24th in Avoriaz. In the middle from 3-15th don’t know what I’m doing, should think of something but I’ll decide later.
haha while you’re saving a crap load of crap i think im going to be breaking the bank….with all the flights… T__T upside i get to hang out with little kids and look after them.

boadergirl - wanna meet somewhere in Europe over NYE?

Looking for a travel buddy!

cords - 31 October 2012 11:19 PM

a bit more of my own research found this:

http://gear.mpora.com/snowboarding/nikita-20122013-snowboards-preview.html

Says the boards are made in the Elan factory - not sure as to the rep of that place or what other brands boards come out of there.

Elan is pretty much one of the snowboard biggest factory in the world
Academy,
arbor,
Bataleon
CAPiTA
Dinosaurs Will Die
lobster
nitro
rome

all are currently (or used to) have boards here
its probably not even the full list either LOL

http://business.transworld.net/64602/features/behind-the-scenes-at-the-worlds-largest-snowboard-manufacturer-elan-snowboard-factorys/

zing nice read

Sounds like a fun plan!

Tips are to decide what kind of riding you want to do, all mountain or park or whatnot. Read the article on camber profiles on here and try to get a bit of an idea of what kind of camber you’ll want. There are heaps of useful articles in the equipment section!

and yeah humdinga, I found that article myself. An impressive enough list for me grin

i’ll find out what is happening with the family I am working for and get back to you smile

How long are u in Europe for Oz. Travel details smile

I land in Frankfurt on 21st Dec and staying with a friend in Schlandming. She doesn’t have a bed/space for me from the 29th (so that is why I am at a loose end) I fly to the US on the 2nd.

I am purchasing an Austrian/Germany rail pass, so staying around there would be good. (i am considering Prague grin yes i know not near but a train into one other country wont be much.

I checked out the specs on those boards. They look great! I’m willing to bet they are built to be intermediate - advanced boards, to allow their team to compete on them.

I have a friend that loves Nikita gear, she’s going to be drooling when she hears about these boards.

Sorry to invade the girl section downer

“Metallic flake UV blocker finish”?

What, are they afraid the board’s going to get sun burnt?

K2 used to brand their VVV with Nikita, so my first thoughts were that these were just rebranded K2’s, but I checked the specs and nothing matches. I wouldn’t be surprised if K2 were involved in some way but, K2 hate camber, and these are camber… so I have no idea.