The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Building skate things

Not too sure where this would go in the forum but…

Just wondering if any one has built a mini ramp before? I see you can get all the blue prints and the videos would be endless for construction online but has any one tackled such a manly thing.

I have made a really good heavy duty manual pad. Angle line on the edges and it was around 2 meters + long.

I wouldn’t mind a project in the future and of course find some cover for it. I live in Victoria so it rains a lot in winter.

Yep, Melbourne is great for skating, but the weather in winter is shit for it!

Azz on here has made a wicked mini ramp, which he sold, and which I am doing this teacherboy for not buying it off him.
will find some pics of it in a sec.

I plan to build a replica of it once I get my own place.

Here are some good vids with handy tips on building skate stuff (bit corny but has some good advice init)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC208809AB341E68A

Azz’s old ramp.

Same boat for me K2 need a place to house one. Might even put it at the folks place or a mates.

Ply’s not cheap in Oz? Surely could find some public places to borrow some. My old work bud made one out of metal which was about 5ft, too big for what I want it for.

Those Ride videos are great thanks wink

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 03 September 2012 12:20 PM

Azz’s old ramp.

That’s what I want one with a bank on it also.! Looks great.

Would love to have some space to be building skate stuff. Unfortunately that is not going to happen for me, anytime for sure.

Good looking ramp their from Azz, you do need to slap yourself K2 for letting that go.

That looks sick! so much fun. Plus it is wide enough, nothing worse than a skinny mini ramp.. sick

C J Parker - 03 September 2012 07:20 PM

Would love to have some space to be building skate stuff. Unfortunately that is not going to happen for me, anytime for sure.

Good looking ramp their from Azz, you do need to slap yourself K2 for letting that go.

I know! The main thing was space. But once I changed my mind and asked him, he already flogged it off. I should have just got it, then taken it appart and stored it

Oh wow, Azz’s ramp looks awesome! Wish I had room for a personal ramp.

That ramp does look pretty sweet. I’m looking to build one of my own as well. I have a 10 year old mini ramp, and unfortunatly as soon as I started skating seriously, it fell apart :( looking to either repairing it or just starting from scratch

butcher2230 - 03 September 2012 08:34 PM

That looks sick! so much fun. Plus it is wide enough, nothing worse than a skinny mini ramp.. sick

Tell me about it. Blew out my ankle on one in Sweden, went for a back smith stall and then when I came out ran out off ramp. My board went of the side of the ramp and my foot hit a rock and ripped my ankle back. Right before a 3 day festival and my trip too China to climb the Great Wall. Should try and find the photo for that one, it was a good one.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 04 September 2012 02:01 AM
C J Parker - 03 September 2012 07:20 PM

I know! The main thing was space. But once I changed my mind and asked him, he already flogged it off. I should have just got it, then taken it appart and stored it

You snooze, you lose. Would of had to come to Melbourne for a trip if you had got it. BW skate shred in K2’s backyard. Would of been sick.