The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

warming up before exercise

this article says warming up actually helps the maximum power you can exert during exercise.

Good find Mudhoney smile

I remember being told that you should do cardio before exercise and only stretch afterwards. I always thought that was wrong.
This makes way more sense to me.
Get your stretch on!

Don’t static stretch before exercise. You should do static stretching only after exercise because they reduce power output of the muscle. For warming up you want to do dynamic warm up and mobility exercises instead of static stretching. This will prepare your muscle for the exercise and also move throughout the range of motion needed. The paper quoted is true but the author of the article shouldn’t equate warming up with stretching. That is 2 different things. Take this from me, I major in kinesiology.

always stretch before skating, it really helps your jump

p.s   i like bacon

Thanks guys i needed this. Gota get full fit for boarding cause i want amazing photos like you guys. They are you right lol.

jamesd543 - 10 July 2012 05:53 PM

p.s   i like bacon

Now this post is worth keepin!!!!!  LOL

At gridiron training, the boys always do at least a half hour of warm ups because it is such a physically sport. A light run, stretching and light fitness activities are the way to go. For snowboarding, my warm up consists of walking from the car (or skitube) to the lift LOL

an easy first run is all i do when boarding.

I always do a cruisy first run, where I focus on gettign the legs moving. Always do a mix of carves to get technique warmed up, bouncin round, light butters and switch riding. Usually on a cruisy long green like Wombats Ramble or a nice open groomed blue.

just a few quick stretches not to get hurt when landing hard on your ankles

usally i eat alot of green vegtables be cause there good for you and gatorade is good to have when going to a game or skateing or surf or snowboarding so also do alot of push ups