The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2 small suggestions.

I hope you’re not sick of small unimportant suggestions, but I thought I’d throw another few at you.

1. - A rollover thead preview. You put your mouse pointer over the thread title, and a small pop-up box displays the first foew lines on the original post. It’s just a feature I find useful for previewing a thread without having to go into it.

Then again, you may prefer people enter the thread to encourage participation..

2. - Some “Mark all threads read” button. So when you go into a particular section, and participate in the latest topic, and are not posting in any of the other threads, you can mark the rest of them as read, so that when you leave that forum section, it doesn’t tell you that there are unread threads in that section.

They’re pretty minor things, but just something to think about.

Hey Tills, don’t worry, keep the suggestions coming…

In regards to 1. - We actually integrated this a little while ago. It’s working for me; if I scroll over I can see the first few sentences of what the thread is about. What browser are you using? I’ll get the developers to look into this.

In regard to 2. - That’s a really good idea. I’ll talk to the develops about this too.

All the little improvements make a big difference overall. We want to continue developing Boardworld for long time to come - to give our members a better experience. We can’t do this without your feedback and suggestions. smile

Hahaha. Please ignore my first suggestion. I just rolled over a topic after reading your reply, and guess what happened?  tongue laugh

I could have sworn I tried it and it didn’t work. It’s all good. 

The second suggestion is a pretty common feature as far as I can tell. Definitely a handy one.