The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Warped Board

Hey

Just wondering if any one has had experience with a warped skateboard before. The wood is twisted from truck to truck nothing to extreme but kinda annoying. It’s the second board I have had since skating that has had this issue first one was a Element (7.5) and now its my Chocolate (7.75) .... Not too worry will skate it til the death.

P!

I have come across my fair share of warped boards, when I was working in a store. Some boards were a little bit more notorious than others for warping.
In some cases it will affect the way your board will perform due to it changing things like the way the concave sits under your feet. Other than that some people don’t really care about the warped board.
I have found that some companies going to cheaper chinese manufacturing, has caused boards to become more prone to warping. Thing that needs to be taken into account is that wood is a porous material and can be affected by outside elements.
Hope that answers your question.

hmmm..interesting. Thanks CJ.

Sometimes boards can warp if left out in weather like CJ said, along with even humid conditions inside the home, kept near or above heaters, and also left in cars on hot days for long periods!!!!!

And like CJ has also stated, some of the cheapies do have a tendency to also come from the factory warped, mainly just due to lack of QC!!!!!