The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Impact Shorts for women

Hi Ladies,

I am trying to get my girl to catch the Snowboarding bug. I took her for her very first
lessons last season and on the second day she fell quite hard on her Butt and had a massive
bruise and had to sit out the remaining two days.

Keen to avoid the same mistake this year, do you have any recommendations as to which
brand of Impact shorts have ideal protection in the Butt area.

Most of the ones I have seen,(Protec, R.E.D.) have Hip but not Butt protection. Any ideas??

Hey Snapper,

You can check out Planet Altitude. I haven’t seem them in shops lately but they used to make really good padded shorts.

Planet Altitude

Women’s shorts:

I’m going to move this to Equipment and Products, as you will get more responses there.

Sent an email to the contact listed on their website and haven’t heard anything, to me it doesn’t look like they are in business anymore.  If anyone knows anything further let me know as I’m kinda keen on getting some protective stuff.

Friend has some trouble with Planet Altitude. The padding was about 3mm (yes 3mm!) thick on the womens model while her boyfriends was way thicker and actually offered protection. Took ages to get a reply from them and they believe they may have shut up shop. They are good if they send you a nice pair, but if you run into any troubles their lack of communication (as you already know) may be an issue if you run into any problems.

My gf has Protec that has hip and tailbone protection? They probably have a few models you can check out.,