The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favorite rider to watch turn

I know this might be a weird topic but I personally love to watch a rider make a good turn or carve in pow or hardpack. Whose are some of your favorite turns?

Mine are
1. Josh Dirksen
2. Terje
3. DCP
4. Blair Habenicht
5. Jake Blauvelt

vote jake as well
love his flow
have to mention nico there as well

of late ...dont mind watching Lucas Debari bomb down runs but his more charging then awesome carving

Xavier?

I think Xavier is more like charging than making stylish flowy turns.

Jeremy Jones, Terje, Nico Muller

While I enjoy watching pro riders do their stuff, I much prefer riding myself!
So my answer is: Me!
I enjoy watching my own turns the best

Aidy - 15 February 2012 02:21 AM

Xavier?

Since when does he turn?  wink

Terje has won the Baker LBS almost half the time he’s entered - including his first time all the way back in 1995.

Nobody turns better than Terje.

However, I can only say that because Craig Kelly is no longer with us.

I think blauvelt and muller has some nice riding styles…

@chucky: Agreed, Terje is the man!

chucky - 15 February 2012 02:03 PM

Terje has won the Baker LBS almost half the time he’s entered - including his first time all the way back in 1995.

Nobody turns better than Terje.

Sick Photo!

I don’t know who I would vote for here, but Terje has to be up there

Gamblor - 15 February 2012 06:40 AM

While I enjoy watching pro riders do their stuff, I much prefer riding myself!
So my answer is: Me!
I enjoy watching my own turns the best

I kind of agree but with a different twist… I just don’t watch other pros rids enough to know. but I’ve always thought Dave Downing had nice style… many today don’t even know who he is.

About Terje though… he did his qualifying run at Mt. Baker years ago switch! lol

Terje also competed in a Thredbo boardercross in the mid nineties, winning the final riding the whole thing switch. Yeah, OK, not as cool as the LBS, but still cool.

I have a question here for snowslider or anyone. Another small reason I tend to have my backhand infront of me while riding is that everytime I saw a pro riding like Terje or Josh Dirksen, they always have their back hand infront of them so this makes me think in my mind that it is ok and not a bad technique. Any comments on that?

Bump for comment.