The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Awesome Wipeouts !

Found it…

What happened next…

At this point I realise I am coming off the bus. The drop is going to be heavy so I try to make it to the backside wall of the landing (literally by hitting the wall and holding on). Instead my board bounces off the wall, feet go over my head, and I land on my head. Wasn’t fun.

I thought I might add my own little stack. Backstory: thought it would be fun to mess around with a skateboard with no wheels while at the snow. Was fun. Taken at Perisher some time between 3rd and 10th of July. Link below.
Skateboard + Snow + Fail

Theres another video of my somewhere going off a 2m drop and landing on my face. I however have no idea how to get it. Some Perisher people were filming video for the snow report and they happened to be hitting the same drop off my class was. I decided it would be fun to edge just before I came off… obviously it didn’t work and I went face first into the snow.

Hahaha I had to watch that baout 10 times. That’s so good. I was expecting you to go further, so unexpected.

rider26 - 13 July 2009 06:23 AM

Found it…

What happened next…

At this point I realise I am coming off the bus. The drop is going to be heavy so I try to make it to the backside wall of the landing (literally buy hitting the wall and holding on). Instead my board bounces off the wall, feet go over my head, and I land on my head. Wasn’t fun.

Looks like you are slowly just sliding away to nowhere! Ouch, hate landing on the head
Yeh, in my video i was trying to clear it. I was going way too fast and the lip wasnt in the best shape so it launched me into the bus instead of over it. If you have the volume up you can hear me clip it which is what started turning me then my nose hit the other end of the roof…not going to stop me trying again haha!

rider26 - 05 July 2009 04:14 AM

I stole this one from another thread, but it definately is suitable for this thread.

Rider: surferguy56, Photographer: Just Giver

This is classic!

Hey Everyone,
Instead of the seeing the stylin pictures, lets have a joke around and everyone post up some of their funny/goofy/stack photos. Would be good to see them!

Oh and post the stories of what went down too, always good to get a story behind the image!

Peace out smile

Hey Myanna, I merged these two thread together. They were very similar and I thought you might like the photos. smile

rider26 - 10 June 2010 12:35 PM

Hey Myanna, I merged these two thread together. They were very similar and I thought you might like the photos. smile

No worries!
Thank you smile

About as much fun as you can have on skis.

We had a person who wanted to try skiing as they didn’t like snowboarding and because we got free rental, I got roped into trying it as well. 1 practice run down the bottom of Front valley and then up the V8 and to the bottom without even falling.

Did that about 5 times and I was bored so I went to the car and got my board out and had fun again. That person ended up loving skiing so good for them smile

rider26 - 13 July 2009 06:23 AM

Found it…

What happened next…

At this point I realise I am coming off the bus. The drop is going to be heavy so I try to make it to the backside wall of the landing (literally by hitting the wall and holding on). Instead my board bounces off the wall, feet go over my head, and I land on my head. Wasn’t fun.

I did the same thing in Japan.

Ripped a massive gash on my knee, blood pissing out everywhere. (no idea how it happened)
$350 bill later at the hospital. (refunded by my travel insurance) and couldnt ride for a few days. :(

Ill try find the pics