The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thinking of making a few changes - opinions please :)

Brandy - 18 January 2011 07:15 AM

Indeed it is similar to what I was thinking. I did not even realise it existed. Although, my thought was even more obvious than that. Ie, a section at the top, above general topics, that just has a list of some (say even just 5) of the most recently posted in threads. That way, some of the lesser know threads are immediately brought to the attention to those of us who are not Mizu. I think it will just make it easier for newer forum members to find new topics instead of only seeing them if they search (click the current link).

Hey Brandy,

Thanks for the suggestion. The ‘view new posts’ button was something we added several months ago at the request of our members. It’s better than nothing at all but I agree there needs to be a more obvious promotion of the recent posts. This is something we are looking into. We are focussing on improving site features and functionality, especially within the forums. There’s a few things we need to get done first, like get the skate section up and running (real soon), but we will get to it.

Mizu Kuma - 18 January 2011 10:16 AM
Azz - 18 January 2011 09:39 AM

What you are saying politely, is that Mizu needs to get out more.  tongue wink

downer

Clearly it wasn’t polite enough! raspberry

*Scrambles to stop Mizu walking out*

We love you here Mizu! Please don’t find another snowboarding site to play on!

Yep. That’s right. Think of the post count! :D

Mizu Kuma - 19 January 2011 12:47 AM

What about the Folders changing colour when there is an unread post in that ‘Forum Name’???? Something of a contrast????

And once you have entered that ‘Forum Name’ it then reverts back to the original status!!!!

The folders already change to dark blue if there is a new post in there since your last visit. Or are you suggesting we use a different colour?

I don’t know if this has been discussed or thought of before but what about a wakeboard section? Might bring more people in for the summer sports?

Could be something for down the track. Right now the main focus is getting the surf section up and running.