The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lesson

I always wanted to get a lesson but never actually did it. I was thinking of getting the MAX4 group that whistler offers since it’s pretty cheap compared to private lessons. I’m just worried that I might not get a good instructor and thus end up wasting my money (sometimes I saw an instructor riding way ahead of their student). Can I choose my own instructor? If so any suggestions who?

You can request instructors. I’ll ask around to see which instructors are working in that pod.

Michelle said you can actually request any instructor, from any pod. If you have that much choice, I’d request Paul Morgan.

Okay, let me know how it goes rider. How do I choose the instructor though? Since I will be booking the lesson online, and it’s the MAX4 group lesson?

Call up and speak to Snow School.

does anyone know what is the deal with instructors in hakuba is there any ?? and is it included in ticket or you have to pay extra ?

There will be instructors in Hakuba for sure, and highly likely that it will be an added cost!!!!!

Have ya already got ya lift passes, lanox????? If so, ring ya agent and see if they can alter it without a fee!!!!!

Yeah mr mizu all sorted already, might call liquid snow nd ask them…

Don’t ask lano!!!!! Demand!!!!!  cool grin

rider26 - 05 December 2011 03:34 AM

If you have that much choice, I’d request Paul Morgan.

I second that. I couldn’t have passed my level 2 exams if I didn’t have Paul coaching me. He’s really great at diagnosing problems in riding and giving u straight forward ways to improve without over complicating it.

Also if u want a freestyle lesson, ask for Jose’. He’s the man to talk to for park riding.