The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

I’ve got a new deck!! Yew!

I’ve complained about this before but I am really annoyingly tall. Good for basketball, fine for snowboarding but bad for skating cause the size of skateboards barely changes.
BUT I FINALLY FOUND A DECK FOR TALL SKATERS!

Gravity makes it, so I had to order it from the states but it will be worth it I reckon.
Check it out:
http://www.gravityboard.com/pages/gstore/boards/p36.html

36” Long
9.25” Wide
And still in a normal shape, not a long board or an old school single kick.

Stoked!

I’ll post on here how it rides once it arrives.

drool

Thats a pretty big board mate! LOL
Cant wait to see how it works for ya. Hope its not too heavy.
Stoked for ya tho! I might borrow it if I ever need a giant board wink

Yeah it’s the biggest I’ve ever found for sure. I’m hoping it’s not going to be too heavy, I’ll have to wait and see.

But this guy rips on it so it must be fairly good at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdnpZ9peDjA

Yeah Andy sweet that you found something. That is a huge wheel base those so be interesting to see how it goes for any tricks that involve rotations.
Funny it has orion trucks on it, though see those very much any more.

Yeeew! shaka
9.25” man thats one huge board, if you wanted to go surfing just take the trucks and wheels off LOL
Can’t wait to see you shred on it. I’m pretty keen to have a go too if I’m ever at your skatepark wink
That board looks pretty strong considering how wide and long it is.

C J Parker - 22 November 2011 12:30 PM

Yeah Andy sweet that you found something. That is a huge wheel base those so be interesting to see how it goes for any tricks that involve rotations.
Funny it has orion trucks on it, though see those very much any more.

Oh nah, I just bought the deck. I’ll be using my independent 169 trucks. And yeah I’m a bit worried it will be like turning a boat LOL  but it’s worth a try. I can always switch back to my old deck.

BKM - 22 November 2011 02:09 PM

Yeeew! shaka
9.25” man thats one huge board, if you wanted to go surfing just take the trucks and wheels off LOL
Can’t wait to see you shred on it. I’m pretty keen to have a go too if I’m ever at your skatepark wink
That board looks pretty strong considering how wide and long it is.

Yeah for sure, anyone can have a go on it if I ever see u guys in a park somewhere. I’ve got some friends in WA so it could happen.

That’s sick, Andy. Nice find!

My shiny new deck arrived today! And wow it’s even bigger than I thought it would be LOL
I swapped my trucks and wheels over and run straight to my local park to test it out.

At first I thought “Oh crap, i’ve gone too far this this is giant, I can’t ollie and I turning is slow and sloppy.
But after riding for a while and getting used to putting my feet in a different stance it started to get comfortable on it.
Now I frickin love it!
I never stand to wide cause its so long and ollies are a little easier cause i have more board to land on.
I seem to have better balance and I REALLY enjoy pumping around the pool corners and doing lip tricks (the few that I know lol)
It’s just so much fun to ride!

My first day on it and that’s the best i’ve ever skated at Umina park.
LOVE IT! STOKED!!

PICS!! PLEASEE!!!! :D

http://www.gravityboard.com/pages/gstore/boards/p36.html

This is the deck but I’ll take a photo of my actual setup soon

I’ve seen a few 8.75+ popping up in shops recently, but nothing like this. Do 169s fit the Gravity board or is there an in-between truck size?

yeah Andy no fruit boots for you ha ha.

Stoked that you found a winner.

im 6’4 and the biggest hinderance for my skating is being able to balance to due tiny boards, im very much considering buying this board!!!

blackbanana - 02 December 2011 01:37 AM

im 6’4 and the biggest hinderance for my skating is being able to balance to due tiny boards, im very much considering buying this board!!!

Your 6"4!!! Fuck man you are the first really good skater I’ve met that’s my height.

I don’t know if u will LOVE this board cause I’m a much lower level than u. Kick flips and stuff are fine but tre flips and other flips that spin it vertically might be a bit harder.
What size board are u on right now man?
The next biggest thing I found was Creature make some really nice wide boards that aren’t quite so long.

You live in Sydney right?
We should go to Monster one time and you can have a roll on my deck

C J Parker - 01 December 2011 09:33 PM

yeah Andy no fruit boots for you ha ha.

Stoked that you found a winner.

Yep, I all skater now. I put the blades back in the ‘closet’  LOL
I still think blading is alright but I’m definitely all about skating now.