The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Living large in Sno-10!

Hey peeps!

Haven’t been on here in a while…maybe even more than a while…
So how’s everyone been?

I’m just back from our (Banger and myself, plus some ringins) second trip down this SoHe season, and just christened my 2011 lipstick - yehhh! Am totally loving her! I demoed the 2010 in Japan earlier this year and developed a little crush, but now I’d say it’s developed into love.

What about everyone else? Who’s riding new gear? How are we feeling about our SoHe season?

And, who’s up for a Girls Only riding day this year????

Got some new boots in Queenstown (Northwave Opal) which I absolutely love. Didn’t have any break-in pain…super comfy & my problem with finding boots without heel lift has been solved. Thats all I’ve got as far as new gear…bindings are next on the list though…hello dogfunk!

Season was pretty rubbish until the last couple of weeks….but have had some amazingly fun days riding the selwyn park ($20 a day!), regardless. Just wish it wasn’t 5hrs away. Still so keen & have been doing day trips there & one weekend.

That great about the boots Cords! I got some new one the other week as well - holy cow they’re amazing! I can’t believe I stuck with the others for so long!
How’s Selwyn been? We’ve been thinking of hitting their park up just to see what it’s like. That $20 deal sounds pretty good.
We have some friends from Finland coming out in a couple of weeks and hoping we get to show them some of our snow. Should be fun and funny! Hope we impress them wink

d’oh, ^^that was actually me and not banger….

Sorry to say the selwyn park is already closed for the year…was so damn fun though & well worth it for only $20! Did a whole weekend there, for $180 including everything…so good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64c1EFcxQk Crackers made this little vid from that park from our pirate day! Will be back there next year, no doubt. They have 4 new features arriving for next year, too apparently, so will be even more value for the bucks.

Going to thredbo this weekend 138 for a 2 day pass ain’t bad. frothing!

Dread Pirate Cords, you’re awesome!! And I’ve gotta get me a Hook Indy!
Selwyn looked so good! We’ll definitely have to go next year.

We’ll probably be going to Perisher for two more trips now - one next week and then again on closing weekend. Can’t wait! I have loved this season!

haha yeah that was my bf with the hook indy - so funny!
We were at thredbo this weekend and planning to do the next two weekends as well…not sure where yet though…I love thredbo but am thinking maybe perisher now? I was a little disappointed with the jumps in thredbo…high noon ones are out of my league (at least with nothing to work up to them with) and the merrits park ones were fun but not challenging….I’m a hard woman to please in the park stakes!

http://www.vimeo.com/14448697

thats my edit of our NZ trip - just for fun!

tres cool, my friend!
What was the damage for helipark?
My cousins go to NZ every year and are always telling us to come but I’m a teacher and it’s so expensive in the holidays. We usually end up saving the money and then going to Japan for the summer holiday instead. But I think we’ll have to go over at some point. It looks rad.
Your vids are cool. I think I saw your other one a while ago. Me likey!
If you guys are going to be in Perisher we should meet up! Mini shred time!

Helipark was one of the best things (if not THE best) thing I’ve ever done…really good value for money, too. I never thought I’d get a day of heli for under $1000 but for $580AUD we got a nights basic accommo, fancy dinner & breakfast, packed lunch & 4 runs. I’d do it again in a flash…we had average conditions & the whole experience still blew my mind so I can’t imagine the froth if there was serious powder!

I’m a teacher too (PDHPE) but I just do casual at the moment so we took the opportunity to go out of school holidays. Where do you teach? We got cheap flights with jetstar sale ($380 qtown return) & ended up having a pretty cheap trip for 10 days….plus snow park is amazing. I think I might wanna try and live in Wanaka for a while, too…just there’s no surf, but I think I could handle it in trade for a season pass at snow park. You can’t help but improve at that place.
I’d love to go to Japan this year but I don’t have the moolah :-( Definitely a priority for ‘11/‘12 though as I’ve never been.

I think we’ll be at thredbo again this weekend but will probs be at perisher for closing weekend. I hope they have more than front valley open.