The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win a waterproof Tachyon XC micro video camera

Right T-spec, better give that cam back - hahahaha.
Man you’re studying, it happens. All these cams need a decent amount of light. Interestingly the Tachyon is the most proficient in reduced light, lot of trick little developments in this baby.
we’ll check back Monday night!

I think it would have been unfair for me to enter this comp.

That camera looks cool.

ARGGGHHH!
Went through half an hour of filming and delivering beers (with added lighting effects this time) only to find out that the camera stopped recording after 40 seconds..

What did I do wrong?
Gonna try again tomorrow afternoon when there’s more light… and I’ll record using a second camera as well!
Oh well, i guess my mates will be thrilled with the prospect of more beer!

Argh T-Spec!
The Tachyons will run for hours if the SD card is big enough and the batteries are fresh, so musta been a glitch there. They do a save every 30 mins in case the batteries run out, so in that case you lose only minimal information. Did you do a test run with the cam first? Like just test film a wall or something for a while or whatever?
haha - your friends WILL be stoked at the extra beer wink
try and do a test run first, better luck on the next crack!

Yeah I did give it a test run, then tried it again afterwards in my room as well..
Worked without a hitch then :S no idea…
I’ll pop in some fresh batteries for tomorrow..

Hahaha, thanks for the offer Mizu!

I am happy to report… SUCCESS!!!
I managed to get my 10 minutes of footage in!
Now for a quick edit session and hopefully i’ll have the video posted soon :D

Shout out to all my mates for….drinking my beer… THOSE BASTARDS!

Also… now I need to figure out how to use Adobe Premier that came with my laptop….

Haha, nice one T-Spec! Looking forward to it…

Hey Guys,

Finally after a long wait!
I did do the whole thing in my snow gear except my gloves - bloody oath it was hot!

Wow… Youtube quality sucks.. will try to post it to Vimeo..

totally Epic T-spec!
thanks for putting in a massive effort and coming up with the goods man! We’re so stoked.
Yeah how crapola is youtube (we call it ‘pootube’ haha) amping to see the vimeo version. The only ‘fail’ point was not pressing the cam , albeit attached to your head, up against the Miranda Kerr screensaver so we could all see, hahaha.
funniest vid we’ve seen in a while smile We’ll keep an eye out for the vimeo version (if you don;t have the vimeo plus the upload can take a while, so you’ll need to set that time aside for t to be able to continually process online).
Again macking effort, luv’d the word stories heaps btw - especially when u got jammed in the stairway, hehehe

I’m going to watch T-Spec’s video first thing in the morning (about to go to bed hmmm ).

Mate, if you want, you are more than welcome to use our Vimeo Plus account. Just shoot me an email if you need it and I’ll give you the login details.

Looking forward to watching tomorrow…  grin

Wooh, Vimeo version is out..
Not sure if the quality is much better.. Can’t get Adobe Premier to export in a better resolution.. unless I go HD, then the file is 1.5gb :S

http://vimeo.com/14391432

Hahaha awesome effort T-Spec! I’m surprised it took you that long to drop a beer. I thought one would be gone on the stairs for sure.

Subtitles were really funny, definitely added to the entertainment value.

Enjoy the camera mate. Well deserved!  cool smile

LOL  Cracker gear T-Spec! Mate it’s a fun one, so no point doing the high res and hammering your internet connection. thanks for making the vimeo effort! Lots of variables form what you see on an SD card to reproducing that on the internetz for beginner folks, you’ve done spectacularly well man. the fluorescent lights don;t help either with the strobing effect. I’ve banged it onto our facebook page, along with credit and thanks to boardworld for being so welcoming (thanks Jeremy) this link should get you through http://www.facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Australia/Sports-Camera/148857741559

No way could I have balanced those beers for so long…...

Any time Doc… wink