The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

mac or pc

Poll: mac or pc?
Total Votes: 37
mac
pc
linux?

from another thread, but interested in what snowboarders think of the old mac vs pc battle!

i have a macbook and its everything i could ask for…been alot happier with my comp since i switched from a dell

If you can afford it why would you own anything but a mac? Mac runs all windows programs these days and of course the lengendary Apple software at the same time.

About to upgrade from my 17” powerbook G4 to the 17” macbook pro with 8GB memory. 500GB HD, lets see that get slowed down when I upload.

Even if you cant really afford it, the mac is worth is just for the sake of peace of mind- and my mac book pro is just really cool.  Haha its a bit like skiers v snowboarders.

My next computer will be a Mac. I had one way back in the day, a Macintosh LC2 haha… I got burnt with it (no good games or software) and turned me off Mac for ages. Everyone was playing awesome games on PC like Doom and I was stuck playing Lemmings and an educational maths game.

rider26 - 17 June 2009 06:09 AM

My next computer will be a Mac. I had one way back in the day, a Macintosh LC2 haha… I got burnt with it (no good games or software) and turned me off Mac for ages. Everyone was playing awesome games on PC like Doom and I was stuck playing Lemmings and an educational maths game.

oh yeah and with the new macs they really stepped it up with titles like drop point alaska (retarded snowboarding game)
i keep my mac for video editing/photography and general net stuff
i keep my pc for downloading and wasting space
i have an xbox 360 for games

Nuff’ Said.

Thats exactly what my setup is.

I used to be a PC girl but for the past 3 years I’ve owned a Mac and it took me a little bit to get used to it but now I find it amazing. You can find things so much easier and there are no virus or software problems. I have had the same laptop for over 3 years and my only issue is my battery. It has been dropped and traveled and scratched like crazy and it’s still going strong. I will never go back to using a PC. Mac’s have everything I need.

Expensive, yes, but so nice when it comes to avoiding viruses.

I like my macs.
iMac and Macbook.
My wife uses them for web development and the graphic design projects she does.
I like them for a few audio things I have done in the past.

All the cool thing I want in a computer including camera and music software, all comes as a part of the basic set up - so nice.

Its all about the MacBook Pro..

Will be getting an iMac shortly..

PCs are in the past JEZ.. time for an upgrade..

rider26.. glad to hear you’ve seen the light!! wink

i personally switched from Windows to OSX 3 years ago and couldnt be happier!!!

“hello im mac, and im pc” watch the ads yo…. need i say more?

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

why have only 10 people answered this question with almost 60 people having viewed it?

snowslider - 19 June 2009 09:35 PM

why have only 10 people answered this question with almost 60 people having viewed it?

50 of them don`t have computers?

^ LOL

Dave99 - 19 June 2009 11:18 PM

50 of them dont have macs and dont want to admit it!

Banger - 20 June 2009 04:25 AM
Dave99 - 19 June 2009 11:18 PM

50 of them dont have macs and dont want to admit it!

Ha Ha
Fear the Mac.

snowslider - 20 June 2009 01:19 PM

Fear the Mac.

SKDK ?

I just set up a new imac for the g/f’s uncle last night.  He struggled using a pc for 4 years and was not very computer literate, within 1hr last night he was editing pictures, importing them, wirelessly scanning and printing, and even sending faxes straight from his computer.  Gotta love apple haha.