The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Share your day of skateboarding!

Share what you plan on doing, what you did, or even your best day of skating!

I guess I’ll share my plans today. I plan on heading over to a wicked concrete park that has a killer tranny area and a decent street section. Everything in the tranny is huge though, so I’ll probably just cruise around there. after that, I’m gonna head to a park closer to home to skate with my buddy, then its off to work!

Kick, Push, Kick, Push…. Strap in wink

I’m just about to head out to belco for a few hours now!

Nice! ^

Ok, so yesterday was awesome! At the first park I landed some good stuff. Bs boardslid this uber long rail a few times, did an old school flip on a bank, manual across the pad, did a tailslide, handstand hippy jump, was a good session. But all the dudes there were KILLING IT. They were doing flip tricks onto benches I could barely Ollie, and then grinding after in ways I can’t even do without the flip trick. Watching them play skate was confusing, because they were doing everything in every stance.

After that, went to skate with a few dudes at another park, they are better than me, but not by much. It was a fun session, good laughs

there were alot of good guys at belco last night.
I didnt really manage to do anything.

You guys seem be having pretty great skating trips. I’m just hoping to hit a few skateparks during my summer break. My main focus is just to improve my basic techniques, nothing as brilliant as you RockenPunk.

^ It’s all good xnonymous!

Yesterday me and my two skate friends took the our drive to the next state where they have an indoor park (since it was 20 degrees all day). They are long-time skaters, they used to skate with my cousin when they were in highschool. My cousin died before I could skate with him, but I kind of joined his group learning more and more about him. The park was really busy, but really fun seeing it was my first time there. We all skated around, hitting our tricks, then for the last couple hours of the day we found a nice box and carried it over to a empty part of the park. that box was so much fun. then we found some unused wood laying around, and half build ramps. we were doing wallrides on a slanted piece of wood and powersliding over some 2 by 4’s. it was awesome. then we but some wood under one side of the box, and I got the perfect tailslide up the whole box, It was so sick. and it makes everything better when you have people cheering for you and knuckle bumping you. I didn’t ever have that my first two years of skating, I only skated alone. but not anymore smile

LowGuido - 20 December 2012 12:51 AM

there were alot of good guys at belco last night.
I didnt really manage to do anything.

LowGuido im guessing you live in Canberra?? do you ever go to woden skate park?? i go there quite abit but im nothing special aye haha. Gonna try and go to belco from time to time but i live southside so its kinda far :(

used to skate back in the day but stopped and getting back into it now, soo much fun!!

I have actually never been to woden. I might have to head down there and give it a shot some time.
If you used to skate then you are already probably doing better than I am LOL!

today was my first time skating street spots. went with the same guys around their hometown, hitting their favorite spots. got kicked out of one, one of the spots these guys came up and watched, then let us stay. i landed a few tres (first time) and learned more about my cousin. was a good day.

Edit:

Did my first real street skating. with my cousins buddies again, was really fun

We started off at the park, did a no warm up game of skate, was pitiful for me. we seshed basically everything in the park. after it started warming up, we headed out to street skate

first spot: Wallride
Basically this spot was a rounded curb, then a foot of rocks then a wall. the curb and rocks surrounded the wall completely. it was a pretty dumb spot, you had to go pretty fast just to make contact with the wall. was good for some laughs though

second spot: junkyard
really fun spot. broken glass everywhere, a manny pad, a good three foot drop, some barriers. we were throwing tricks down the drop, and getting ready to grind this piece of metal we found, when one of my buddies saw the garbage man, so we ran for it. I guess they had been caught before when they were younger, and the police came out, really scared em.

third spot: three stair/rail
we cruised down the main road, and everyone got one shot at the three stair. I tried to kickflip, but underfliped it. one guy missed a nollie, and the other made a fs 180. we went to this tall, wide, long rail that was right next to a fence. I couldn’t get high enough to touch it, but one guy got a 50-50 fs shove on it. got it on film too. was sick.

fourth spot: highschool track and stands
This spot was sick. all the stairs were painted, there was a good three foot drop again, stairs to use as ledges, and a 7 stair and a 9 stair. we all threw tricks down the drop. I got a pop shove, ollie, fs 180, indy, and kind of a kickflip (pretty crappy). did a good tailslide, that was fun.

fifth spot: four stair
lol It was just some guy’s house, we couldn’t go for the four stair straight off, no runway. but you could go sideways onto the sidewalk. that spot lasted like 5 tries. before the guy opened up the door and yelled at us. he was like “there’s a skatepark over there” and my buddy said “yeah, we’ve been there already”. twas good fun.