The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Looking for Skaters in Sydney

Hi Everyone!

My name is Tommy and I am the winner of the 2012 Snowboard Photography comp.
I would love to meet up with some skaters to take some photos to enter the new 2012/2013 Skateboarding photography comp. Hopefully the skills I learnt this season shooting in the snow translates into skateboarding as well.
If you are in Sydney, and are interested in having some photos taken, shoot me a message, bring your mates and lets meet up!

Here are some of my photos from the snowboarding comp this season.

I will shoot the link to this thread to some of our team skaters and friends.

those are some sick shots tommy shaka

Thanks Guys!

first shot is epic!

hi tom.
first off yes the first shot is epic nice one.

well mate im always out and about shooting something.
im planning very soon to drop some hammers in and around sydney shooting for a new video part.

hit me up on fbook

whenever im in sydney i dont think ive been past martin place without there being skaters there.

yea martin place is the hangout place for skaters….

Thanks Guys.
Mitch, I’d been keen to do some kind of collab…..let me know when you’ve got something planned, and we’ll see if we can make it work.

mate, I reckon you should head down to a few of the popular skate spots and just start chattin to a few skaters that you like the look of their style. Sure most would be happy for you to shoot them

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 08 December 2012 07:38 AM

mate, I reckon you should head down to a few of the popular skate spots and just start chattin to a few skaters that you like the look of their style. Sure most would be happy for you to shoot them

yep.

you need to get some skate shots down in your portfolio to show you can actually shoot skating. It’s a different bag of tricks to shooting on snow.