The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

balance board exercises and why they are so awesome

and how do u make the bonga board out of coke bottles i love to give it a shot thnx ?

thanx guys this stuff helped alot

I’ve got a wobble board and Vew-Do board. all are cheap on eBay when they come up for sale. great training tools especially since I got shoddy knees

zhenjie - 23 June 2011 12:24 PM

I’ve got a wobble board and Vew-Do board. all are cheap on eBay when they come up for sale. great training tools especially since I got shoddy knees

which vew-do did you get?

I use an indo board. Love it since you can just use the balance cushion. I’ve also played wii golf while balancing. Super fun!

Tell me more about the Indo.  Any opinions on that vs vew-do?  Also, what’s the deal with the tapered fulcrums (“rocks”) some have?  You can supposedly “carve” and do stuff like that on those, or is that all BS?

which ones have the tapered fulcrums? indo or vew-do?

I tried vew-do in a store and I don’t like that a) it’s only skateboard-ish size and b) it has that ridge
with the indo board if you turn the board diagonally to the roller it really feels like snowboarding. I mainly use the cushion these days though -such a good workout (ankles/knees/quads/lower back and abs) in such a short time, all while watching tv!

walking up and down the indo is super fun too

some vew-do models have the tapered rock.  AFAIK the Indo just has the cylinder.  Supposedly the tapered rock provides instability heel-to-toe.  I’m leaning towards the Indo as they have local distribution.

ah i see. the taper is a good idea but i wish they didn’t have that ridge under the board. If you get the indo make sure you get the combo package with the cushion

interesting! I only just bought a wobble board after reading these posts, I love it. Might upgrade to an indo/vewdo/bongo board at some point… Need to look into it more first.

yeah i bought a cheap wobble board off eBay to keep at work.  It works ok, but I’m a bit disappointed that the fulcrum is quite flat.  Once you get it balanced it’s very easy to keep it that way.  When you rock it off balance, there’s quite a sharp transition so it’s not a smooth action to wobble it side-to-side.  Might investigate one with a more rounded fulcrum.

Jules-FindYourFit! - 17 June 2009 07:07 AM

We used to make those Bongo Boards out of a 2 litre Coke bottle filled with water and an old skate board deck. So much fun to play around with and great for balance and coordination. Cheaper then buying one too! They are great for learning how to counter balance yourself so you can do butters and rails!

thats awesome will give it a try my brother will defs be giving it a go grin

After reading this thread I went out and converted one of my old skateboard decks into a balance board by just using a piece of PVC drain pipe.
heaps of fun, and good practice thanks for the Ideas Guys.

aaron kyro is an awesome skater , he has a youtube channel and he made a vid on how to make a balance board, and why it is a good idea,  especially when there is nowhere to skate or during the winter, you can practice your manuals inside ,, check out his channel - sprocker7

I bought a crap snowboard from my local shop for like 50 bucks and i practise just jumping up and down. Also Ollies and Noelles.

Hope thats good but it works really well for me.