The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are you listening to now?

Kind of a continuation from the music thread but post up links etc to tunes that you’re listening to at the moment. Basically a good way to discover new music and hear any cool stories that go along with the music.

Discovered P.O.S. when I was seeing atmosphere at candys apartment in kings cross a few years back since he was on stage before Brother Ali who was supporting Atmosphere. Met Brother Ali and Slug from atmosphere that night when I was standing out the front later on in the night, both just normal guys who have great musical talent. Also had a good conversation with ant (dj/producer) up at the bar joking around with how the promoter was a cheap skate not even providing a bar tab for the guys haha

bump this one back up..

digging through my old cd’s lately… listening to No Doubt and The Distillers last two nights.

something awesome about chicks killing it with music.. funnily enough I still remember the weekend I bought the tragic kingdom cd back in 97 tongue wink given the average age of most people on here going by the how old are you thread i’m sure a few people know the album haha

Catatonia - Road Rage. - Awesome song from 1998 that I just discovered lately smile

Listening to forever the sickest kids! Been smashing them while in the park for some strange reason the last week

can’t post a video because I’m currently on a chairlift smile

Rick0889 - 23 July 2010 04:30 AM

Listening to forever the sickest kids! Been smashing them while in the park for some strange reason the last week

can’t post a video because I’m currently on a chairlift smile

Haha that’s awesome. On a chairlift, posting on Boardworld… Rad!  cool grin

Haha yeah one of the perks of boarding solo after work!

finney - 22 July 2010 01:02 PM

bump this one back up..

digging through my old cd’s lately… listening to No Doubt and The Distillers last two nights.

something awesome about chicks killing it with music.. funnily enough I still remember the weekend I bought the tragic kingdom cd back in 97 tongue wink given the average age of most people on here going by the how old are you thread i’m sure a few people know the album haha

hey finney if your liking the sound of the distillers check out Civet album is call Hell have no fury. I think. but yeah got that crazy chick vocals all over it.

cheers for the tip, will look into it..

as for now, bit of deftones… heard some rumours that they’d be touring down here this year but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen unfortunately and I miss them in vancouverby a month which sucks

30 Seconds to Mars - Alibi

this is war by 30 seconds to mars is heaps good to listen to while shredding, have you heard that album Brandy??

The Bled - Silent Treatment
August Burns Red - Thrillseeker
Deftones - Diamond Eyes

These are getting some heavy rotation at the moment.

As of late Im on both ends of the musical spectrum.  I have been pumping some really new (Eminem Recovery) and some really old.  Old like Hank Williams, and Bob Dylan.  Here is one of his most famous songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMqf1VWfcic

been listening to the new birds of tokyo album!! is awsome, plans is such a chilled out song

give it a listen guys!!

Finney and I over some beers decided that music and snowboarding are dam fine combo.
Lets relive this thread peoples.

August Burns Red- Messenger
Underoath- Kelaidescope
The Roots- How I got over
Gangstarr- Moment of truth
Inflames- Reroute to remain

Playing this stuff all over the place right now, it is so dam good.

i remember that no doubt album! was so good,

at the moment i am listening to a wide range of syles,

the latest is all the rise against albums, with abit of Enter Shikari;

Got the new cold war kids album a few weeks ago and this ahs been on replay a fair bit;

Also went on abit of a dubstep downlaoding marathon a few weekends ago and this is one of my fav’s off his album;

Bought the NWA greatest hits a few months ago and this i easily one o f my all itme favourite nwa tracks;

I think that will do for now!