The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ollie advice please (video)

Hi guys Been working on my ollies for the last 4 months any tips on how to improve them?
Thanks

hey mate,

your getting pop, and your front foot is working well, but you can improve on the back foot.

the pop is good in the push down and making the board lift, but you need to lift your back foot higher after the pop. the higher you lift the back foot the higher the board will flick up into it.

try to get it level with the front, or tweak it out higher by lifting the back higher than the front

That sounds good I’ll give it a try .I still got a bit of the old fear ,still want to keep one foot near the deck .I’ll work on it
Thanks for the reply

Your timing with your back leg and body is not allowing you to flatten it out. When lifting your back shoulder try and have your back leg follow it up. This way you are staying above your board still.

Thanks for the feedback CJ . Gotta force myself to lift the back foot higher bit worried the deck wont follow it up (maybe not enough pop?) . Gonna push my front foot forward a bit at the peak of the height to try and bone the ollie more. Is that what you guys do?

It really looks like you are lifting your back shoulder to soon. Try practising holding onto a rail and getting use to lift the back foot then move onto doing them moving again.