The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

fitness

I find that even as much as I run, I will still be sore or out of breath at times from snowboarding.
It has to do with the amount of aerobic exercise, vs anaerobic exercise that my body is used to.
The “explosive/power” exercises mentioned by K2_SCS above.

I’m running more thanI used to now at about 10 miles or so, and I’ll be doing a 13.1 mile trail race soon. possibly 2 one week apart. Soon I will also get to the Snowflex centre in my area and though the hill short and small, I’ll see how winded I feel while riding.

louise - 30 June 2009 09:07 PM

I always struggle with hiking in the winter.
What exercise can i do to help me on those -15 degree powder days, where everyone is more running than hiking up the mountain? i find its not my legs that get tired, but more my lungs that get out of breath.
does anyone have and tips on how i can improve this?

One reason you may be finding its more your lungs getting tires while hiking is the elevation.  The air is much thinner at a higher elevation.  So depending on where and when your hiking you will find yourself getting more and more tired the higher you go…even if your not exerting yourself as much.

The only way to really train for that as far as I know is do it as much as possible.  In the summer get out and hike your local mountain get your body used to working with a little less oxygen.  No more sitting on the couch this off season.  lol

Today may be a chance to run 10+ miles, and then go snowboarding…. lol we’ll see how I feel after running.

I absolutely despise running, I always feel like an idiot doing it!  Best get in shape system I’ve found, if you are ok with high intensity, is the P90X program. I did it for a month before my last trip to Tahoe and felt in the greatest shape on the hill.  This was after almost 3 season off (due to living in the stinkin hot desert)

snowslider - 19 May 2010 11:33 AM

Today may be a chance to run 10+ miles, and then go snowboarding…. lol we’ll see how I feel after running.

Well after running I diddnt feel like going anywhere, much less driving an hour.

20kg, 7ft Olympic Barbell: https://www.catch-fitness.com/products/20kg-7ft-olympic-barbell

Key Features

2,200mm long (7.2ft) , with 415mm collar, and 1,310m inside sleeve.
Textured Grip, with powerlifting knurl marks
Maintenance free design, with thickened copper sleeve.
700lb capacity

The Catch Fitness Difference
https://www.catch-fitness.com/

Great Quality Equipment

Our product guarantee: Unhappy with one of our products? We offer a 7-day money back guarantee. Simply cover the cost of getting your gear back to our warehouse, and we will refund accordingly.
Product warranty: Each of the items we retail comes with a minimum 12 month warranty. Some of our items, like our curved runner treadmill, come with as high as ten years warranty on the frame. We put our money where our mouths are when it comes to quality equipment.
Drop the weights: Did you know, our bumper plates were dropped 30,000 times in testing without cracking?

Great Value Equipment

You may have noticed that some of the photos on our website are similar to some of the photos on other websites. Here’s a hint - we actually use many of the same suppliers. We just charge less!
Our price guarantee: See a similar item at a cheaper price? Get in touch and we’ll beat it

Great Service

There’s no Covid skeleton crew here! We’ve grown our team, not shrunken it.
You can reach us by phone on +61 2 8074 5286 or at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Got questions about training equipment or an exercise routine? Get in touch! Each of our team are fitness enthusiasts, trainers, coaches, or former gym owners.