The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What u guys think of this skateboard?

ArdentBoard - 28 October 2012 12:55 PM

All right then, I’ll go for a custom skateboard!
But, what is the good cheapest gear that I could get in the internet??
I am looking for:
-Cheap trucks
-Cheap wheels
-Cheap bearings
-Cheap Deck (I’ll probably buy this in my local skate shop)

Could you write a list on the cheapest and durable gear for my skateboard?? Did I listed all the things that include a skateboard?? I don’t want to spend more than 60£.
Thanks guys really helping me a lot!!

“Cheap” and “durable” don’t usually go together too well when it comes to skate gear. I’d suggest going for more reputable brands but going for “blank” or “raw” models. You’ll usually save considerable money if the trucks are raw (plain metal, not painted) and the deck is a blank (one colour, no graphic). My suggestion would be Thunder raw trucks or similar if your local skate shop has them. Also, ask them for a good quality blank deck. Make sure it’s 100% Canadian Maple. For bearings, usually the cheaper bearings will be OK. A safe pick would be Bones Reds, which are usually on the cheap end of the scale but offer very good quality. Let us know which brands your store caries. Each store will carry different brands so it’s important to talk to them and get their advice.

I’m with the others, I had a cheap board when I was a kid (parents didn’t want to drop tons of money if I wasn’t going to do it) and then when I bought a proper board about 5 years ago, I went all out. Had a good blank deck, Element trucks, cheap wheels are fine and some good bearings (my mate told me they were good). All up set me back about $200 but has been going good for 5+ years of not super hard riding but has also had a decent amount of ollies etc on it (from other people, not me lol).

If you are at the limit of £60 there are a couple of options you can go for. Some skate stores will sell second hand stuff on occasions. It will be things that some of the shop riders/staff may have used and aren’t needing anymore. Sometimes some guys down at the park maybe wanting to sell of some stuff cheap. That way you can get some good stuff cheap.
Other option is a company called Enuff, English brand and do a complete for £55. Not bad quality and shapes. Don’t know if they are sold in any shops over here but the Golden Dragon completes by Powell are good for their price back in OZ. Price wise my guess would be over here around the £60 mark.

Guys, I looked around the internet and my local skate shop and finally I have decided what to get:

Deck: Enuff 7.75   Local skate shop—————————25£
Trucks: Enuff 7.5 Width     E bay————————-19.89£
Wheels: Santa Crux 53-52mm E bay———————-9.89£
Bearings: Bones Reds   E bay——————————-11.50£ 

That would be 66.28£ and it’s ok for me. I just want to know what size of wheels to take. I’m more interested on street skating, doing a lot of ollies and stuff. I read that smaller wheels are more for who wants to skate in the street, but too small wheels will sometimes affect your performance..so should I take 52 or 53mm?? And would it be better to buy risers?? If I do will it affect my skateboarding performance? And if I want to assemle my skateboard in a shop do I have to pay?? (the local skate shop is called Two Seasons).
Any advices will be appreciated thanks guys!

Had a look at the 2 seasons website, they seem to sell the Enuff completes. It would be your better option to buy it from the store, price seems to be about the same and the other thing that helps is if you have any issues they should take care of them for you.  If they don’t have one in stock they should really order one in for you. That way you will have less hassles and save money on them possibly charging for assembling.

If you want to try it yourself chesk the tutorial video here.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4946/

The guy in that vid is soooooo suss!!!!!

Tell me about it. Wouldn’t really trust him.

Hey ArdentBoard,
How is the search going for a the board? Have you got yourself a setup yet?

Hi guys. I took a board that the shop advised me to buy. It’s a Voltage Poison skateboard and it is quite decent.
The wood is made of 100% of Canadian Maple
Wheels are 53mm good for street skating
Trucks are quite decent as well
Bearings are bad and I’ll change them with the Enuff ones after I learned the basic tricks like the ollie, shuv it, 180 bs and fs, kick and heelflip.

Nice one dude. Enjoy your new setup.

ArdentBoard - 06 December 2012 04:07 PM

Hi guys. I took a board that the shop advised me to buy. It’s a Voltage Poison skateboard and it is quite decent.
The wood is made of 100% of Canadian Maple
Wheels are 53mm good for street skating
Trucks are quite decent as well
Bearings are bad and I’ll change them with the Enuff ones after I learned the basic tricks like the ollie, shuv it, 180 bs and fs, kick and heelflip.

Nice work Ardent I hope you have many a fun time on your new board. Remember it is your first board so its not going to be a perfect setup for you. Fiddling around with different decks and so forth comes with time. Enjoy none the less mate.

So I recently came about this company and wanted to know what the groups opinion was on it. It’s Speed Demons and the board that caught my eye was the Wildstyle yth Brigade. It looks to be pretty good and it has a cool little graphic, sells as a complete for $45 on Any opinions on the brand or even better on the specific deck?

Speed Demon is basically a price point company, their product is really basic, cheaply constructed stuff. To be honest not the type of setup to go for.