The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what board size, quick advice needed

I need to email K2 today on what size parkstar i would like for my prize.
Just trying to decide and could do with some of your thoughts please

Im currently on a 148 k2 www, and they ride about 4cm shorter as they have a shortend “jib tip” but have a an effective edge of a size up.

Im 174cm and approx 71kgs (with out gear, and that will change from 68-74ish kgs depending on my weight training)

Either going to get the 152, or 155cm.

the WWW148 is going to be my dedicated jib/noodle/beat up board now.

would the 155 be best to get so it will be a bit better around the hill and on bigger hits? im guessing it will still be pretty playfull as its a pretty flexy/poppy board with jib rocker

Your thoughts would be great cheese
as i said though, hoping to email K2 back before the end of todays work day

cheers

Do you have plans to ride overseas at all? Personally I would go for the 155. You already have a jib board and at your weight the 155 will be better for freeriding, carving, and more float on a powder day. Not to mention the extra stability on bigger jumps etc… I think you are going to have a more versatile board in the 155.

Hey mate,

I think a 153 or something similar….. I used to ride a 147 WWW but then changed to a 155 DH and it was a big change, so after that I went to a 153 and it was perfect… 

plus you have K2’s rocker technology on the parkstar so you will float in powder anyway…

good luck, K2 board are rad

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 22 June 2010 01:03 AM

Im 174kgs

lol.

I agree with Trav. 153 since its still a freestyle deck.

hahaha yeh my bad on the 174kgs, i think i would snap the board

174cms

I will be riding it in japan in jan. so will be in pow, and also want something that can charge jumps with, not that the 52 cant do these. I just dont want it to feel too big at 155

It doenst come in a 153…jsut the 152 and 155 that im choosing between.

Trav Laird was ur DH the camber, or the DH2 lowrize rocker? The DH is stiffer, where the parkstar is still pretty flexy. would i be correct to say because of the reverse camber and no contactpoints near the tips like camber would make the 55 not feel as large?

If you’re riding in Japan go the 155. At 71kg, a 155 snowboard is certainly not too big, especially riding pow/mountain. Given you already have a 148 and you are going to be riding this board all over the mountain (and Japan), I honestly think you will get a lot more out of the 155. If you were getting this board purely for park then that’s a different story. Just my opinion…

And yes, with reverse camber the board will turn a lot easier and be more maneuverable.

In that case, 155 for sure if you are taking it to japan. Anything less and you’re going to sink bad.

thanks for the advice guys. Going to go for the 155. I would like it as just a park board, but that would be a waste in i think, as i still do ride the all the hill a bit, and with my www148 i think i need the spread. I still use www in park and a bit of hill riding anyway, so i think 155 is the way to go. The parkstar is quite playfull and with the rocker i’m still gonna be able to slay the park and jib with it when i want to.

also i like the color/graphic on the 55 better too haha

Thanks for your input   cool smile

Sorry but I’m gonna Hijack this thread.

I’m organising a uni ski trip and I want to lend a spare board to a mate.
He’s 180cm, 104kg and size 10.5 boots - I’m wondering If I can get away with giving him a 159 board. He’s a complete beginner so stability at high speed is not necessary compared to ability to turn.

Would that board be suitable? I’m trying to save everyone as much money as possible.

T-Spec - 30 June 2010 04:19 AM

Sorry but I’m gonna Hijack this thread.

No probs T-Spec, I got what i need so its all yours! Hope you get the info you need. Good on ya for lending your gear out on these trips. Top bloke

I have two boards to lend him

I have a 158 Ride Prophet, or a 159 K2 (not sure what model - my other friend’s board) So I guess we could get away with either.

Sweet as, that’ll save some coin…

Not ideal, but it will work fine.

How heavy could you go on a 155? I have a 155 Ride Crush.. One mate is 78kg, another is 83kg or so..

Give it to the 78kg guy. Again not ideal but shouldn’t cause too many problems, it’s definitely do-able.

Thanks heaps Jeremy