The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Why Cant I ollie??

By the way, i just started skating

Hi mate, welcome to Boardworld.

Just had a look at your video. You are not actually jumping up in the air with your ollie. I can see you are trying to push down on the tail to pop, but you arnt jumping, so the boarding isnt gonna leave the ground. Try holding onto a fence or table or something and practice jumping up in the air while you push on the tail.
Its a combo of jumping, and timimng poping off the tail and dragging your front foot up. WIth out a jump, nothing will happen

Also, you dont seem to confident balancing standing on a board. Practice on grass or carpet first, and practice a lot more just skating around on your board first and get used to riding a board before worrying too much about ollieing

^
Exactly what he said    

Enjoy skating around your neighborhood first, get really comfortable on your board then:

1. Start practicing your ollies on grass or carpet first.
2. Jump up as you kick the tail down (your ollie can only go as high as you jump).
3. Once you start getting the board off the ground, then slide your front foot forward up the board to level it out in the air.

Once you have your ollies working on grass, THEN try them on the concrete.

Also check out the trick tip vids on here in the SKATE section, they are really good.
https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/content/category/trick-tip-ollie/