The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb Staff Housing? 2012 / 2013

Glacier is ride in, ride out accommodation. That means it wins lol.

I’ve stayed in glacier and in brio. I never found glacier to be that much of a party house. In fact the people that want to party usually stay in town so they are closer to the clubs. If you are primarily there to ride (and you should be   wink ) Glacier will let you be on snow the fastest in the morning.

Brio is a little nicer, but it’s still shared.

I’m not sure if you will get your own room in your first season though. In my experience, those places are usually given to managers and supervisors and such.
Either way you’re going to have an awesome time in Whis, don’t stress shaka

Doing my first season in whistler as well & i picked glacier building 7 or 5. Just really want my own room!!!

Ah so nice of you guys being able to get a job in Whis =(

Thanks for the food tips! Andy, you’ve just made me feel much better about my selection, and you’re right, I’ll definitely have a good time regardless! I’m just glad that now I have a rough idea of what to expect smile

The biggest challenge you will face is walking back up the mountain to glacier, with the snow guns blazing, after one too many pitchers of beer at Merlins wink (and that’s more hilarious than an actual problem)

And if that’s your biggest problem in life… you’re going to have a damn good time.

Wish I had a pitcher of beer at the moment…

How easy is it to get a single room in glacier? Anything in particular I should put on request form?

I know it’s possible, but not easy (limited numbers). My suggestion would be to get in super early. Don’t get your heart set on it through as my best guess is “unlikely”. I’m pretty sure there would be a waiting list for single rooms.

I would suggest you call them to find out. Contact page here.

Welcome to Boardworld, ozjess! cool smile

Hey Jess,

I lived in staff for a while and my girlfriend lived in glacier for 3 years! After your first year you can apply to be a house advisor which gets you a private room in your own 2 bed apartment with one other person.

Im afraid that your chance of getting a private room in your first year is extremely low..

Glacier is a really fun place to do a season, but dont expect much in the way of privacy!

I’m heading over with my wife for our first season and am thinking Brio.

Thoughts or potential problems other than those above?

Brio is pretty good. Can walk to village from there