The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HOTHAM 2010 - Live From the Mountain

yeh lucky i got off the mountain on friday because it POURED down sooo much today its insane! My town is partially flooded and complete football ovals have turned into lakes, roads are now rivers.. Its crazy weather atm! Btw i live in Bendigo

Mount Hotham Ski Co asked ski.com to remove the pic from their site.

It is very wet, historic day at Hotham. A wee bit of footage from this morning

That’s crazy!  big surprise How much damage did the rain do to the snow cover?

What exactly is happening in that photo? Is that part of the tower pulled down, or is there a slide underneath it? Looks gnarly!

OK, the story goes, as far as I can make at from various sources.

A large amount of snow / ice / water & other matter came down from Golden Point (see background) the building you can see has lost its walls. One staff member has been hurt, but will be ok. People had to rescued from the lift as it could not be run. All reports are that the lift itself is OK, but needs further investigation.

It has been an amazing weekend of weather in Victoria this weekend, sadly the amount of rain took away lots of the cover and damaged infrastructure.

I highly recommend reading the thread on ski.com in the Hotham thread, quite an entertaining read.

Check out this video

Oh yeah, the bus at the start of the vid I posted is bogged !!!! Straight out the front of the Alberg, bus stop 2 for those that know Hotham

How’s the damage fairing at hotham after the carnage of the rain and flooding?

Hope everyone’s safe and well up there!

Sorry, forgot to post this yesterday…

MEDIA RELEASE:

Hotham’s Village Chairlift will reopen tomorrow, Wednesday 8 September, from 12noon.

This will provide direct access to the Village for not only those coming from Heavenly Valley but the Davenport Access trail too. The upper slopes of Blue Ribbon will also reopen tomorrow from 12 noon.

The area has been cleaned up following the weekend landslip and the former ticket office has been temporarily replaced with a hut for lift operators only. The chairlift (although not directly impacted by the landslip) has undergone an engineering safety assessment and has been cleared for full operations from tomorrow.

Tickets will not be available for sale at the bottom of the village chair. Guests should ensure they have a valid lift ticket before entering the skifield.

Lift Tickets will be for sale from 7.30am at Hotham Central and 8am at Big D, Jack Frost and Hotham Sports outlets including DP Pinnacle.

Hotham currently has an average natural snowdepth of 129cm, a snowmaking base of 178cm and 12 out of 13 lifts are operating across Hotham and Dinner Plain.