The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

REVIEWS

Well guys I think its time we put this on here. With all of us skating so many different brands it can get confusing as to what is good and what is not. Some of us have had more experience with brands, been around long enough to try loads or have seen the transformation of some brands.
Put down the product you wish to review and give us a run down on it. Likes, dislikes, pros and cons type thing. Hell even put down a rating out of 10 if you want. If you can’t post a photo of it that’s fine just give us an ideas of what the product is and we can see if there is an image online. You can even review something that is old and not even around anymore. It gives an idea of what we have been or are currently skating.
Lets thrash and destroy.

Good idea mate. Will put together a few reviews over the next few days when I get a chance. Will review 24 skateboards (ridden heaps on them) and will review my new wheels n trucks once ive ridden them more. And will definately do a review on the Emerica G-Codes I have been using (nearly dead now)

Hey I wana know if it’s okay if start of reviewing my old circa skateboarding shoes I gues Circa will not like me ... They are comfortable the ankle area is well protect But we have a great feel of the board ... Now the problem begins the sole of the shoes his relly bad I have a hole under my shoe after a mount of skateboarding and the front of my toe cap have open up relly easy so the water of rain could enter in my shoes when I talk about my toe cap it’s not where I kickflip but it is on the front part of the shoes sorry for my horrible english lol they are bad but If you are looking for a good brand try DC ones not light they dont last long im not sure if it was a defect brand the inside toe cap have one saw but they skate well But the fun part begins I have some DC Dyrdeck they last for me a year and half I skate relly often a good under sole feeling didn’t rip off easy,good grip,good leather,they have a little ollie pad in rubber and they even last longuer with shoe goe keep that in mind hope it’s help and also I am with some ethnies bledsoe shoes they are great they look more like vans but better smile but some thing the ankles strap have tendency to brake but you could make a nots on thoses they are low so be carefull if you have ankle problem like me it’s twist offen so keep that in mind try a higher shoes and that sit for my review LOL

MYSTERY MULTI COLOUR WHEEL PACK

I have been skating these wheels now for the last 15 months, so it is time for review on them.

First thing for me is, when it comes to coloured urethane I am always a sceptic. I generally find they are quick to deteriorate and flat spot very easy.

From the start these wheels felt really nice, they are hard and roll really well. They have not coned or had a flatspot the whole time I have been skating them. The only thing like any wheels from the start is they were a bit slick on the polished concrete parks. Other than that they have been some great wheels and have not let me down.These wheels have changed my viewpoint of coloured urethane.

This review I guess can be used on all the Mystery wheels.

MODUS TITANIUM BEARINGS

For those who don’t know Modus is an Aussie bearing company that do some quality bearings and have a top notch international team to back that up.

I have been skating my current set of Modus Titanium’s for around the last 3 years. During this time I have been skating them without the shields on (not recommended). Despite this they have held up really well and I have been well impressed with them. They roll smooth and maintain speed well.
Having the Titanium rings and balls has meant that the bearing have not distorted easily and held up to punishment. With the nylon cage it is really easy to dismantle the bearings and clean them out.
What I like with the Modus bearings is the fact that from the Abec 3 upwards they come with bearing spacers which I have always used. Most companies will only provide them with the higher end bearings.

I definitely would recommend the Titanium bearing to anyone who has the money for them and wants a quality bearing.

FALLEN PAWNS

The Fallen Pawns. Billy Marks pro model shoe which has now been replaced by the Vice. There are some still floating around so if you get the chance slip into a pair of these and have a skate.

These have the flex sole to them, which is like a combination of a cup sole and vulcanised sole. This gives you the board feel that you get with the vulcanised soles but the better flickability of the cup sole, making these soles really easy to break in from the start.

The upper part is also a good piece of work, having a single piece toe cap which helps with durability but also breaking them in. With the single toe piece you don’t have any stitching to tear therefore having less weak spots. This also has a rubber backing to increase the durability. There is also a nice amount of arch support to keep you locked in the shoes.

These are a little bit of a narrow shoe so if you have wide feet like me they can be a bit tight and you will wish you could get the half size up. The only downfall I have had with these shoes is the clear sole doesn’t hold up too well. The edges of the sole break off easily, but the black soled ones have always served me well.

I really do like the these shoes and am bummed that they are not being continued. But Fallen make some great shoes so I am looking forward to trying some others.

Just posting in here to remind myself to do some reviews!
Will but reviewing shoes from Nike, Converse as well as Spitfire wheels, Indy trucks.

Will also be doing a review on the Boardworld Skate decks available on the store.

Ah nice, K2.
I want to try the new Formula Four wheels from Spitfire. Had a brief chat with the OZ distributor about the wheels and they sound good. Like Spitfire from the old days.
Should do a review for the P2 deck I am skating at the moment as it has been some time since I first skated it. I definitely be interested in hearing your review on the BW deck.

Yeh, Ive been riding the F1s and honestly they have lasted me really good. No coning and if it ever did flatspot, it was gone in that same session. Roll good too.

But keen as hell to try the Fours. If not them next gonna try some OJ’s

Also just started skating Converse KA Ones so will do a review on them eventually too

can someone give a in depth review 24 skateboards?

Emerica Reynolds lows
Brand: emerica
Modle: Reynolds Lows (Boss Man)
Price: $110-$140

I have ridden these shoes recently in the past months and they are by far the longest lasting pair of shoes I have ever owned. First of all they lasted me TWO AND A HALF MONTHS and secondly I skate on average two hours each day, that’s roughly 76 hours of wear and tear and they still had more in them. These shoes are very comfy to skate in and will protect you from primo and heel bruises. They have a nice grippy gum sole and are made of a strong durable suede. The suede will last you a long time and even once that rip’s through you still have another four layers of other different materials to skate through. All in all they are a really great pair shoes and you should definitely go get you self some.

By Eamon

kazza - 21 December 2013 05:29 PM

The boards are horrible. You’re better off paying a little more and getting something quality. I think Boardworld even sell their own boards in the shop, check that out. You don’t want to be stuck riding 24 boards, trust me.

walker - 24 December 2013 06:03 PM

The boards are horrible. You’re better off paying a little more and getting something quality. I think Boardworld even sell their own boards in the shop, check that out. You don’t want to be stuck riding 24 boards, trust me.

That is interesting to hear that about their boards, as they guarantee them for a year against breakage so you would think that they would be crisp boards.

Just wondering what makes their boards horrible Walker?

i wanna know about 24 decks asap cos they are having a sale and i’m tossing up between getting a deck on sale at my local shop fast times or 24

C J Parker - 24 December 2013 09:02 PM
walker - 24 December 2013 06:03 PM

That is interesting to hear that about their boards, as they guarantee them for a year against breakage so you would think that they would be crisp boards.

Just wondering what makes their boards horrible Walker?

Here’s the lowdown -

24 Skateboards are not quality boards, don’t let the warranty fool you. They’re made in China (as are many board companies) for next to nothing, hence why they can sell them so cheaply. I’m not sure of the exact manufacturer in China. Just as an example, the Boardworld store here sells boards made in the USA, which tend to be stronger and overall more well-made.

24 boards offer the warranty - but I’d recommend looking into that “warranty” a little more. I had a friend who broke a board within four days, and when he went to get the warranty sorted, he found that the “free” replacement was far from it. The original $45 board had free shipping - the replacement board has a “handling fee” of $25. Oh, and you want grip? That’s another $10 (grip was originally included with the first board). So your “free” board ends up costing you $35 - or $38 if you want it to be gripped when you get it.

That smells like false or misleading advertising to me. A “free” board that costs 84% of what the original board cost? Add to that the 3-4 week processing on these “free” boards and it starts to seem not worth it. If you break that replacement board, bad luck. You only get one replacement.

Hey Walker thank you for clearing that up mate.

I was a little suspicious on the warranty, but also the fact that they offer free shipping on a deck to the UK that cost £35. Most English companies are selling decks for the £35 - £45 so that made me even more suspicious. I have asked other Aussie companies about if they ship to the UK and they have all said no as of now due to cost.

Unfortunately you are right about most companies producing their decks in China. Some even produce decks made in the USA for the pros and Chinese stuff for the general population. The problem with some of the companies producing decks made in China is that some of the companies will replace the good maple with cheap inferior wood and expect us to be happy. Some companies do produce some alright decks in China due to strict quality control. These are few and far between but seem to work for skaters.