The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

bindings with canted foot beds?

What are everyones thoughts on canted footbeds in bindings? As in the foot beds in Ride bindings called Wedgie foot beds, and also in K2 Auto and Auto Evers i think. I believe Burton also has them in some bindings?? What other brands use this kind of technology?

Anyone have them or tried the? Do you notice a difference and are they benificial?

The idea behind them makes sense to me, how they will help keep your knee and hips alined more naturally as your stance gets wider. It should help decrease fatigue a bit i supose and also lower joint pain, but im just curious how much effect it has.
Increase pop and better position in wider stance are also the claims.

What do you think?

Also interested myself K2, I am in the market for some new bindings. Don’t know much about them, but I do love the idea with K2 Auto Series cable between the heel strap and toe strap ladders. A dude had them in my course and I was pretty jealous.

Auski and other Ride distributors have a Wedgie test bed in store.Its great to get a feel of it. I’m sold

Burton cants will be available to most models plus after purchase as well (as they did this year). Ride has about 3 different degree, as does Rome (BOSS models). K2 ones will be nice if they are made of harshmellow.

I just bought myself a pair of 2010 Ride Delta MVMNT bindings with the Wedgie 2.5(?) canted footbeds. Will let you know how they go when I finally get to try em out.

I previously rode with Ride Nrc bindings which had an adjustable canted footbed. To be honest, didn’t really feel the difference, although I didn’t have too many aches and pains at the end of the day. Not sure whether that was down to improved fitness or the footbeds themselves.

I was particularly interested in the Canted High Backs that are on some Burton bindings. These look more sensible in distributing the force of the legs as they were more in line with the legs on wider stances.

Will report back later.

Thanks for the info guys
I will definatly find a store with the wedgie test bed. I think my local has one actually.
Yeh Harshmellow rocks, i have it in my boots and love it.

Look forward to hearing your report on the Delta MVMNT’s T-Spec, cheers