The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The STOKE thread

Tills - 24 June 2015 08:38 AM

Thanks Billy!

She’s doing really well so far. She says that she would barely know she was pregnant if it wasn’t for the bump that’s starting to show, and the extra toilet breaks during the night. Apart from that though, really good. She’s 18 weeks today, so we’re thinking that all of that will change pretty soon. Things will really start to happen soon.

How are you going?

Ahh that’s lovely, I’m so happy for ou guys! A mini-shredding buddy wink

I’m really well! 21 weeks and definitely showing! Getting ninja kicks from bub, mini shredder in the making. Such an awesome feeling smile

Stoked, we received two awards for excellence in our industry awards this year.

Best Marine trimming ~ exterior. Bimini and clear enclosure on a 56 footer.

and the miscellaneous section for a rad tent we made the skin for.

Super stoked, opening doors for us already shaka

Thats awesome Azz, well done!!! shaka

I am stoked because I have a sick park to ride everyday, amazing people around me and a super dope new setup….

Annnnnd I’m hitting the 30ft kickers now and it feels hell damn good! LIFE IS VIBING smile

Awesome Tambazz!!!  dance

I’m stoked on my new phone, finally!

Stoked to be finally gettin over this Flu/Asthma/Lung Episode I’ve had for goin on 8 weeks now!!!!!

And it started 3 weeks after I had the Flu Vaccine for the very first time?????

Mizu Kuma - 07 July 2015 02:00 PM

Stoked to be finally gettin over this Flu/Asthma/Lung Episode I’ve had for goin on 8 weeks now!!!!!

Don’t agree with the argument you are going with there.

How do you not know that your symptoms would have been worst if you hadn’t had the flu vaccine?

ozgirl - 07 July 2015 03:37 PM
Mizu Kuma - 07 July 2015 02:00 PM

Don’;t agree with the argument you are going with there.

How do you not know that your symptoms would have been worst if you hadn’t had the flu vaccine?

Not really blamin the Flu Shot, but just bewildered that 3 weeks after the first time gettin it, I’ve honestly had the worst time ever!!!!!

With no real explanations as to why!!!!!

I still think it is a coincidence!

I was really sick early May (before getting my shot) like the worst I have been for years.

June Long Weekend the boy got sick, worst he reckons he’s been for years too.

Neither of us caught it off the other.

So many people with “it”!!!!!

And yeah, it doesn’t seem to be contagious like they usually are for some reason?????

I’ll just be glad to see the end of it!!!!!

I had the flu once, and then i decided F This! And didn’t get the flu again. True story.

Oh, and i don’t get flu shots, don’t care if they help or not - i just don’t like needles

I thought the flu vaccine was actually a mild dose of the actual flu so that your immune system can fight it better if you get it later on. Also that a lot of people who have it, actually get flu like sick from the shot BUT I have no evidence of either of these being actually true and is all based on what I’ve heard from other peeps. Kinda like Richard gere and his love of gerbils.

trentradpants - 08 July 2015 01:29 PM

I thought the flu vaccine was actually a mild dose of the actual flu so that your immune system can fight it better if you get it later on. Also that a lot of people who have it, actually get flu like sick from the shot BUT I have no evidence of either of these being actually true and is all based on what I’ve heard from other peeps. Kinda like Richard gere and his love of gerbils.

They reckon it’s actually made up from a heap of dead flu bugs, mixed into a little gerbil juice!!!!!

Or so Richie told me!!!!!

Most vaccines are either deactivated/dead version of the virus or antibodies, there are a few that are live vaccines but not many (MMR is one). I always have to check because I have a “compromised immune system” which means I can’t have live vaccines.

Also STOKED it’s only 10 days till I get to snowboard at Perisher with all the rad BW girls!!

The flu vaccine definitely DOES have strains in the shot. Each year it’s determined what strains will be included in the following years vaccine.

The 2015 fluvax had H1N1, H3N2 and influenza B