The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Origin ‘10

SO only few sleeps till the first game.. and blues are set to take out this years series..
thoughts for the scores on the first game??!!

Blues by 1, i mean its gotta be pretty close

QLD by 12!

NSW by 8. The Blues will win this year!

i hope nsw wins but i dont think its gonna happen.  qld by 4

where does slater always appear from? i cant believe the speed of that guy ALL the time

okay, so i guess we might have underestimated them just a little bit lol.. i’m sure we’ll show up next game and play properly haha.. and please can we put Hayne at fullback and CArney and Pearce at halfs

didn’t get to see all the game but thank f*ck i didn’t by the sounds of things. I heard lots of talk about NSW must win the first game, does this mean it’s over?

longtimedead - 26 May 2010 05:13 PM

didn’t get to see all the game but thank f*ck i didn’t by the sounds of things. I heard lots of talk about NSW must win the first game, does this mean it’s over?

haha i think it was voer before it even begun…. hope to god nsw can win it tho!!!

Is it too late to say I think QLD will win the series?

I don’t think that would be paying too well rider26 - it’s probably on at $1.10 or less.
What a ridiculous spectacle.. I mean, why do the NSW selectors insist on picking a team that they have to make people play out of position for?
Here’s an idea - pick the best right winger that is eligible to play, not a fullback, then make him play wing.
You’re obviously going to have problems when people arn’t used to playing there.
It’d be like picking our Socceroos team with the notion of picking all the best players available, then making Josh Kennedy a defender.
I think to even up the State of Origin, all the Melbourne Storm players who were in breach of the salary cap (and let’s not pretend they didn’t know), should be ineligible to play - no Cameron Smith, no Billy Slater, no Greg Ingliss.
Would certainly even it up slightly.