The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowmaking has started at Perisher

Snowmaking has Started!

Perisher’s snowmaking system has kicked into action in readiness for the 2010 winter. 60 snow guns were fired up over the weekend, Front Valley is slowly turning white. Let’s hope the temperatures remain cool as we approach the season ahead. We’ll have the guns blazing at every opportunity!

Source: perisher.com.au

oh dude, can’t wait.. heading to perisher this year on couple of occassions.. should be good..
it was good to see you at snow expo Jeremy..

haha yeah front valley is coming together nice lol

Things look like they are off to a great start.  Do they use any tower blowers?  I used to make snow back in canada and found the towers make the most natural feel and blend… but does not create as good of a base.

Anyone know the projected opening date?

Usually most mountains open in mid june if I remember correctly.

Mt Buller was open for a weekend in mid April, was pretty crazy.

i think perisher opens early june doesnt it? but its only like 1/3 or front valley open and its not worth coming up… just ride for free if your keen

darb - 25 May 2010 05:00 AM

Things look like they are off to a great start.  Do they use any tower blowers?  I used to make snow back in canada and found the towers make the most natural feel and blend… but does not create as good of a base.

Anyone know the projected opening date?

Opening weekend at Thredbo is June 12.

I love only having to wait 4 months in between snow seasons again grin can’t wait can’t wait

Perisher.com.au - June 7 -

Temperatures down to almost -8C made it ideal for the snowmaking team to fire up 130 guns overnight! Anticipation is mounting as we countdown to the official start to the snow season.