The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARD FOR A BEGINNER

hey my girlfriend is looking into buy herself a board….

i really know nothing about girl boards so thought this would be the best spot to go

she wants a board around 140-143 and rocker, anyone got good suggestions???

thanx

Gnu B nice!!! Best board ever. My sister in law rode it (she can’t quite link turns yet) and loved it, said it was the easiest board she has ridden

K2 arent making them this year, but the VaVaVoom was a great chicks board. Rockered and good for beginners. the First Lite looks lilke a similar board and would be great for learning on with flat between feet and tips raised for catch free riding.

I liked the Flying V at the Shred last year - and I am a beginner beginner!! LOL

And it seems like a good board to progress with (will last a couple of season?)

she found a boars that she likes the burton feather, anyone tired that??

Nope sorry oh oh

Surely someone around here has?

I got my GF a 143 Ride Rapture.
http://ridesnowboards.com/snowboards/rapture-1213 (2012 one though)
Rockered, twin, soft flex, not too expensive, pretty good/fun choice for a beginner imo.

fatima4u - 31 August 2012 12:16 AM

Yep that’s the board my sister has been riding this year. She’s been progressing well and will probably have it at the shred if you want to take a look (probably not a ride though as it’s tiny!)

drc13 - 31 August 2012 12:51 AM

Yep that’s the board my sister has been riding this year. She’s been progressing well and will probably have it at the shred if you want to take a look (probably not a ride though as it’s tiny!)

lol yea b way 2 small for me but yea if u got it at the shred wouldnt mind taking a look at it thanx

You can give it a professional board flex test LOL

fatima4u - 31 August 2012 04:57 AM
drc13 - 31 August 2012 12:51 AM

lol yea b way 2 small for me but yea if u got it at the shred wouldnt mind taking a look at it thanx

Yeah no worries just remind me or my sister when you see us (we’ll be there Friday-Sunday me at Sundeck them in Jindy)

Just a quick update. Unfortunately my sister can no longer make the shred so the burton feather won’t be making an appearance. Sorry about that!  downer

BOOOOOO! How come she isnt coming anymore?

Agreed, I reckon the shred would have been great for progressing her riding!

From memory it was some lame excuse about her best friend rudely organising a bday bash on shred weekend.

I personally suspect it’s a conspiracy and RPS just wanted a weekend off the leash…..

JusT saw this lol will see what room I have left in the car and if there’s room I’ll chuck it in for you to have a squiz

Also will check in if another friend is going down as she has the b nice so I can check that out as well