The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photography Contest - SoHe 2010

Yay for the start of the season.

photo credit: lisapisa
Mt Hutt
13/6/2010
A photo of me this time smile

A whole lot of sky but it works for me
mmm…  point’n'shoot goodness

Nice shot Lisa! Hey Tony, good to have you back. When was that photo taken? Snow looks great.

post updated…
Snow was not bad. There is a really firm (read: rock hard ice) base with a bit of powder on the top.  Good times   smile

wow cant wait to get out there and start boarding. my sis will be taking the pics probs…

Just a question:  Is any editing allowed? like making it black and white, or adjusting other exposure settings and such??
Thanks a lot. smile

f@tony - 15 June 2010 07:59 PM

post updated…

I think I liked the colours in the first one better

I just added the date smile

But I’m never too sure what to set the white balance to.  Auto makes everything come out blue.  Shadow makes snow in the sun orange.

DannyB - 16 June 2010 01:12 AM

my sis will be taking the pics probs…

Also siblings are great for photos, my sistertook that shot.

lol. this work computer sucks then. it looks like a late afternoon shot for me, but at home it’s not so dark

for white balance, I just eyeball it in lightroom. My camera’s auto wb is pretty good anyways. For scans I choose the white & black points in photoshop and that is usually pretty good (in levels)

or you can pick one of those wb lens caps. you aim it at your subject and use the reading to set the wb manually. I think one might be called the expo disc but I forget. it’s another $50 to $100 to spend on camera gear ha ha

f@tony - 15 June 2010 11:15 AM

Yay for the start of the season.

photo credit: lisapisa
Mt Hutt
13/6/2010
A photo of me this time smile

A whole lot of sky but it works for me
mmm…  point’n'shoot goodness

Nice shot!  Nothing wrong with the old point and click..

Not the best picture, because it was taken from my iPhone through the plane window. But I thought I would share it anyway.
Somewhere over the NSW alps!

Great start to the season, I know that we are going to see some great work from f@tony again!

Crazy looking at the Aus snow from above… Im used to flying over the Canadian Rockies where its snow as far as you can see.  lol

Well lets hope that view of Australia keeps getting whiter!  Welcome winter!

Looking forward to seeing some sweet flicks

f@tony - 16 June 2010 03:04 AM

I just added the date smile

But I’m never too sure what to set the white balance to.  Auto makes everything come out blue.  Shadow makes snow in the sun orange.

DannyB - 16 June 2010 01:12 AM

my sis will be taking the pics probs…

Also siblings are great for photos, my sistertook that shot.

hahaah true that smile

My bro took the photo to the left

<——————

my dad took mine to the left.

<———

And my mum was filming it too! hahaa

I should be able to get a better one this year… that one was really early and I had some friends who didn’t really like filming or taking photos of anything…