The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Manton Skateboards?

No problem mate, we are looking at middle to end of next month i will keep everybody informed on release dates. The new SAF seven deadly sins series will also come as completes with titanium hollow trucks and ceramic bearings. From my research it will be the best quality pre assembled complete you can buy. I have not done pricing yet but i am fighting hard to keep it in the standard shop price range for a normal complete.

Sounds good with the whole hollow truck and ceramic bearings. Which price range were you looking to hit with it cause that is offering a lot as a complete?

Hey CJ. I am looking to hit $169.99 AUD delivered overnight ride next day via the website. If i can get that done i will be super stoked. The SAF decks will be $79.99 delivered overnight. Titanium axle trucks are very expensive to produce but offer a lot more to the skater than standard trucks, same with ceramic.

Well from I remember with the Theeve Titanium hanger truck the hanger cost the same as building a set of trucks. So even just titanium axles would increase the cost. With ceramics from what I remember they are great for speed and rolling, but aren’t easily affected by impacts?

Hey CJ yeh man i am a massive fan of theeve trucks, we manufacture in the same circles (if you get my meaning). You are right with the ceramic bearings that they are faster and lighter you will fine a ceramic set of bearings is 70 grams compared to 85 to 90 grams for a regular set of bearings. Without getting to techy there is a heap of different ceramics that can be manufactured to be used as ball bearings some are stronger than others but i would need a full page to try and explain it!

some these designs are so sick butcher! keep up the good work man and will definately looking at investing in a manton for my next board!!

Thanks Man, I do look for the best designers i work with “Godmachine” who has done a stack of work with Birdhouse Flip etc so you cant really go wrong working with professional artists like that.

butcher2230 - 05 September 2012 10:03 PM

Hey CJ yeh man i am a massive fan of theeve trucks, we manufacture in the same circles (if you get my meaning). You are right with the ceramic bearings that they are faster and lighter you will fine a ceramic set of bearings is 70 grams compared to 85 to 90 grams for a regular set of bearings. Without getting to techy there is a heap of different ceramics that can be manufactured to be used as ball bearings some are stronger than others but i would need a full page to try and explain it!

Theeve and Destructo D2 have been my choice of trucks over the last few years. Been skating the D2’s more though haven’t had Theeves for a while. Get what you mean about the same circle, hope its just as tight as well.
I love a good set of bearings, currently skating Modus titaniums and have had them for about 3 years now. Skating with no shields as well. I have also been using some Modus caeramics for transition skating which I haven’t done for a while.
I am keen to see how you go with your ceramics, sounds like your going down the right path with them. Back in the day before abec ratings became what everyone wanted, Nachi was the company to get your bearings from. Funny part was they didn’t even make them for skating.

Modus are awesome! i think everybody in Australia should be riding Aussie skate gear, Theeve, Modus and Manton! Manton SAF deck, theeve tih trucks modus titanium bearings, Damn…. the tech and effort that has gone into R&D for that complete!

is theeve australian??

Yeh mate they are, they just took their brand and marketed straight into USA due to consumer volume. i would have like to see them market their brand more in Australia but the big dollars are in the states. Saying that they are still Australian and do make some killer trucks, in my opinion (Manufacturing viewpoint) the tih and the tiking trucks are awesome, to produce a titanium hollow kingpin and titanium hardware is awesome! Titanium is really hard to work with!

butcher2230 - 07 September 2012 09:10 PM

Modus are awesome! i think everybody in Australia should be riding Aussie skate gear, Theeve, Modus and Manton! Manton SAF deck, theeve tih trucks modus titanium bearings, Damn…. the tech and effort that has gone into R&D for that complete!

It is a shame that skaters in OZ don’t really support the Aussie brands. The quality of the brands is great if not better than some of the American brands. Some of the big American brands are even known for supplying Australia with inferior made boards because of being so far away. Yet the money still gets spent on it because it’s “THAT” brand.
The tech and R&D would be second to none on that set up.
Only difference would be the trucks at the moment because I am loving the Destructo D2s. Wheel wise I would definitely give the Manton wheels a go. Other than that it would probably be Bones 100’s (OG Formula)

Theeve trucks also come standard with Bones bushings. Meaning not needing to worry about breaking in the bushings and no bushing jams.

Yeh it is a shame that Aussie skaters support the American brands before Aussie brands, but i think Aussie skaters are looking for an innovative Aussie skate company that produces products beyond the industry standard here in Australia.

Sad part is the vibe that I have had from shops in Oz, is if you don’t look the part your not getting help in the store. They also rest on brands that are established and not newer brands that do have something to offer.
True there are some great brands out there, but when something is just as good or better and cost less. As well as local why not support it.
Bring on some Manton, Modus, Theeve and 24 action.