The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Another attempt to create a skatepark in Sydney

Well Barangaroo is the newest location that they have chosen to try and get the council to approve a skatepark.  The area is far enough away from the houses that they say the noise cant travel, and there is sufficient transportation that anyone can get there fairly easily.

Check out the link and if they get enough support we just may get a new place to play.

http://sydney-central.whereilive.com.au/news/story/barangaro-skate-park-for-sydney/

Great. I was disapointed at the council’s actions regarding the previous plans for an inner-city park. I know it’s going to be a while away, if it gets done, but it’s got my support

It’s always good to get another spot to skate

Does anyone know if it’s actually been accepted yet or is under construction?

Not yet from what I understand. There is a petition going on though for another section at Bondi for beginners / more flat ground. If you see it sign it up the more signatures the better. The more action taken on parks the more we are likely to get.

all good. i reckon the government should look into making more skate dots as a pose to making whole skate parks, because these days we’re just running out of room and the more elderly people are losing tolerance for the noise.

Good point Roey. Another thing is the time taken to actually complete a skatepark. With getting approval, a location, raising money and building it, it can take up to a couple of years.

exactly we want something with in months and dots are a great solution. if u were to make 10 skate dots all within a couple of k’s from each other then you would be set for a whole day filming or just shredding