The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

One Run / One Take Video Contest 2012

Well done guys.
EVERYONE THAT ENTERED WINS A CAMERA!
(I pity those that didn’t enter - you missed out)

1st - Matt Chamberlain (redfrog)
2nd - drc13

Yay thanks Spaz and congrats redfrog!

The continued support of Boardworld by SNOcam and DriftHD Australia is fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately on these forums when a solid entry comes early in the competition it tends to scare everyone else off (surprisingly even the influx of first posters this time)

Congrats guys!

Yes DRC i agree with you.

None of my “one run” came close!

Yea, my runs all came out pretty crap this year. I’ll have to do better with my filming for next year if this comp goes on again.

Wow thanks spaz. Stoked with the win. Hopefully we see a whole lot more entries next year! Is there someone I should b emailing about the prize or something..? Cheers

well done guys!

Matt, not sure maybe pm spaz. But wouldnt hurt to send an email to boxhead at the usual comp email promo(at)boardworld.com.au

Why bother running this comp if only 2 people enter?
It will depend on getting sponsors, I was able to get Drift HD Australia interested this year based on the interest shown last year.
But due to lack of entries it will be a struggle to even hold onto them and I can only give up so much until I’m sent broke - since little sales have come my way from BWM.

Maybe if people participated instead of making excuses for not entering. It really couldn’t be easier this comp.
Video’s didn’t need editing - a raw bit of footage loaded onto youtube or vimeo. Anyone could have done it even from their phone.
I’m disappointed in the number of entries but stoked to have at least enough that I can give prizes to VERY DESERVING PARTICIPANTS.

I’ll chase up your prize redfrog - it’s coming from Drift HD Australia.
DRC - I have to order a DriftHD720 unless your happy with a DriftStealthHD (a bit bigger but does shoot 1080).

Well done to the winners! shaka

snowbum_spaz - 10 December 2012 06:45 AM

I’m disappointed in the number of entries but stoked to have at least enough that I can give prizes to VERY DESERVING PARTICIPANTS.

Thanks Spaz that actually means a lot to hear you thought it was a deserving entry. I know it wasn’t anything special and have to admit my finger hovered over the submit button for a while before deciding to suck it up and go for it. Not being a park rider it was going to be hard to compete with redfrog.

Believe it or not I actually worked on it in bits and pieces over a week long period. Going through my footage from the season, clipping it to keep down the length, sorting out a 60fps>30fps conversion issue and even going to my sister for music advice. Finally I battled with uploading on 3 seperate occasions but just made it in time for a last minute post.

As for the prize don’t feel rushed mate. I’m heading overseas in January but fortunately I have my trusty DriftHD to take with me. I would probably lean towards the 720 over the stealth mainly for the compatibility with the waterproof housing etc. I’m also having a look into the Ghost if a deal involving that would work out easier for you I’m all ears. I’m not sure what accessories/stuff from boardworld are included in the prize but I’ll probably need another waterproof housing at some stage. But don’t go making any special orders I’m more than happy to wait for your next shipment etc

Thanks again to Snocam and Boardworld

rider26 - 10 December 2012 07:02 AM

Well done to the winners! shaka

Thanks mate!

nice effort lads. Sorry Spaz…I know I entered quite a few times last time round but this time round I reckon my injuries give me a get out of jail free card. I barely made a full fun down all season let alone one that could have been used.

Ill be on it next year if you get it up again. its a good comp.

Crackers your a legend and after last years efforts you’re certainly this comps no.1 fan. You still have a few get-out-gaol-free cards left.

drc13 I think we can arrange something with the Ghost.
:skaka:

To the winners:

Please email promo(at)boardworld.com.au for the Boardworld part of your prize packs. cool smile

The boardworld gear came in the mail. It’s sick!
Thankyou bw! smile