The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trip Report NZ 27/-7/12 - 03/08/12

well.. heres a dodgey trip report from NZ

arrived in queenstown on friday 27th.. dropped our bags off at the oaks shores.. pretty good room.. we paid for a 1 bedroom apartment.. but got upgraded to a two bedroom apartment for free… so my mate was cheeering that he didnt have to sleep in a roll out bed.. had heated bathroom tiles which was pretty madd.. and an awesome view of lake wakatipu on our balcony..

as soon as we dropped off our bag.. we headed out to the infamous ferg burger.. first time ive ever tried it.. i had the one with the pork belly.. dayem.. it was sooo goood =D hehe and pretty big aswell..

after that.. we went exploring around the town shops for my mate to hire some ski gear ><..

had an early first night as we were pretty geed up to hit coronet peak the next day =D

day 2.. sat 28th..

we went to coronet peak today.. as there are more blue runs to start off with.. than remarks.. we ended up catching the 945am bus up.. so we had a bit of a sleep in rather than catching the early bird bus at 745am..
snow cover was alright.. bit icy.. 30-40cm base.. as their snow season hasnt really lifted off .. but still keeen as to get some boarding done =D.. had a few pretty happy snaps of the beautiful sunny day..

after a full day of boarding.. went home.. had a power nap.. had some dinner at a thai restaurant.. then went to the mother of all pub crawls.. 5 bars.. 5 free drinks.. for $15.. not too badd.. c[= my mate is a non drinker so me and the gf had his free drinks.. was a pretty funn night.. didnt get wasted… as we were having another full on boarding day on sunday..

day 3

day 4

day 5

day 6

day 7

FERG burgers FTW smile that’s the preferred choice of dinner! You’ll miss it!

Fergburger…ahhh how i miss you.