The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burton Open / NZ Open 2010

Anybody know when and where the NZ leg of the Burton Open / NZ Open will be held.
It was on in the second week of August last year at Queenstown and Wanaka but i cant see anything about it being on this year.
Ill be there from the 1st till the 14th of August and would love to catch it.

Hey Brendo, I’ll see what I can find out tomorrow for you.

This website diddnt help, but I would think they should update soon.
http://www.opensnowboarding.com/Home.aspx?openid=NZO

Last season it was mid August.

Hey Brendo, you’re in luck.

This is from Burton:

He’s in luck it goes from the 10th –14th of August and holds the 15th as a weather day.

Edit: moving this thread to News and Events.

Awesome work guys thanks heaps. Flying out on the 14th though so might look into extending the stay for a night. Did they say which mountain it would be at ??

It’s going to be held at Cardrona.

Wow… and the website is still not updated. Who’s the slacker?
Even so…. Boardworld is where you get your info… everyone got that!!!

Good Job Jeremy!

PRESS RELEASE:

2010 BURTON NEW ZEALAND OPEN ANNOUNCES DATES AND LOCATION

LAKE WANAKA, New Zealand (May 18, 2010) - The Burton New Zealand Snowboard Open (NZO) is pleased to announce that the 2010 event will again be hosted at Cardrona Alpine Resort in the Cardrona Valley of Wanaka NZ from August 10-14, 2010.

After a hugely successful return to Cardrona in 2009, the Burton NZ Open is set to raise the bar once again while leaving its mark on the global snowboard scene.

“We are stoked to again host the Open at such a great resort,” says event manager Reuben Yeoman. “The team at Cardrona is 100% behind this event, and their commitment to snowboarding was evident last year. The combined effort is providing riders with the facilities and formats they require to perform at their best, and it’s great to be a part of such a progressive event and global series.”

The first stop of the Burton Global Open Series and also a 5 Star event on the Swatch TTR World Snowboard Tour, the Burton NZ Open will again take Wanaka and the Cardrona Valley by storm. Full event details, including a comprehensive contest and entertainment schedule will be published soon. All updates will be available on http://www.opensnowboarding.com, where the 2010 New Zealand Open website will launch in the coming weeks.

Love it Love it Love it !!!
thanks again bud