The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

Two surfs today, the busted toe has got to a point where it’s a mild nuisance and not really holding me back, stoked with that!

Michelle and I walked 20,000 steps in 36°C yesterday. She’s been wearing her Fitbit everywhere, which I must admit is pretty cool. We get to see how many steps, how far we walked, and how many flights of stairs. Today we are walking up the Eiffel Tower which is 669 stairs.

couple of hours battling the crowds on the Village loop at Hotham.

Another 7km run today (in the pouring rain) along with 4 x 12 pushups, 4 x 30 sit-ups, 4 x 15 squats 5mins of skipping and 15min stretching. smile

I’ve eaten a bag and a half of snakes and half a block of chocolate today. I am supposed to be dropping 5kgs before NZ in a few weeks. Off to a strong start. I’ll keep you all up to date on progress cheese

Nailed myself today. Hour surf session followed by an 8km run, 25 pull ups and 50 push ups cheese

unremarkable - 07 July 2015 07:29 PM

I’ve eaten a bag and a half of snakes and half a block of chocolate today. I am supposed to be dropping 5kgs before NZ in a few weeks. Off to a strong start. I’ll keep you all up to date on progress cheese

LOL that sounds like kind of self sabotage I’ve been known to indulge in!  How did you go getting that 5kg off in time?

rider26 - 04 July 2015 08:33 PM

Michelle and I walked 20,000 steps in 36°C yesterday. She’s been wearing her Fitbit everywhere, which I must admit is pretty cool. We get to see how many steps, how far we walked, and how many flights of stairs. Today we are walking up the Eiffel Tower which is 669 stairs.

They’re great huh!  I’ve got the Misfit app on my Pebble and it’s surprising that you don’t walk as many steps in an average day as you’d think!  It’s a good reminder.

I joined the local 24hr gym today. 
Big fitness push coming right up, first session down.
I’ve been away from anything at all for at least a year with illness and injury so it’s a long road back, in fact I hadn’t been doing very well health wise the year before either…so some serious work to be done!  The health is back on track…now for the fitness bit
Wish me luck!
I need to get fit enough to keep up with Ozgirl and YK next Feb! muscle

LMB - 15 July 2015 10:51 PM

I joined the local 24hr gym today. 
Big fitness push coming right up, first session down.
I’ve been away from anything at all for at least a year with illness and injury so it’s a long road back, in fact I hadn’t been doing very well health wise the year before either…so some serious work to be done!  The health is back on track…now for the fitness bit
Wish me luck!
I need to get fit enough to keep up with Ozgirl and YK next Feb! muscle

Good job! LMB! Best of luck with the fitness!! Its always hard starting back out after extended time away. I killed myself when i started back out in Feb after 6 months away from it.

You really notice the difference after a month or so. I love seeing the results!

Gotta keep pushing!

Walked over 20,000 steps today and climbed up to the top of this beast of a cathedral (Cologne, Germany).

Yeah J! Killing it!! That’s one moro of a church! Did you find god up there???…. Oh right wink

8km run today! Anyone else been killing it??

40 minute mini mal sesh today. Water feels so cold at the moment. Nice though for recovery from soccer yesterday arvo.

cords - 03 August 2015 04:02 PM

40 minute mini mal sesh today. Water feels so cold at the moment. Nice though for recovery from soccer yesterday arvo.

Good job cords!! Great conditions for breaking out a bit of extra foam! Mini mal vibes and sunshine! Yew!

Today: 5km run, 60 push ups, 30 pull ups, 30 squats and 10 dips smile

nice one, surferguy. I’ve done sweet FA so far but I’m off to soccer training in a couple of hours. Should at least lift my heart rate mildly, I hope! My team is pretty crap though so training isn’t usually much good.