The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win Siege Audio ELEVEN headphones

Become a fan of Siege Audio Australia on Facebook and go in the draw to win a set of Siege Audio ELEVEN headphones (valued at $119.95).

Siege Audio Australia

ELEVEN Headphones

http://www.siegeaudio.com

*Like*

Has anyone really seen these and tried them out?

I recall reading in a Transworld Business magazine, that Skullcandy had been such a success despite the “economic downturn” and grew rapidly during the last year… that there will be many music accessory and headphone companies coming out to tap into that market.
Good for skullcandy for being there at the right time. lets hope they continue to support snowsports like the seem to have so far… but maybe Siege will be marketed toward us a little better? we’ll see.

the pics look good. I am surprised that they only have one size for the in ear buds (see website).
Personally it is hard to find a pair that stays in my ears when running.

I have tried the Stealth, Division, and Eleven headphones. They are awesome and everyone who has tried them agrees. They look and feel like top quality headphones. The sound is superior to Skullcandy, as is the the build quality and materials used. We tested them compared to a bunch of Skullcandy headphones and they came out on top every time. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me.

skullcandy sucks balls!!!!!!!!!!!!! they break all the time, i just did a season in canada for 7 months and i think i went through 5 or 6 pairs, almost 1 a month os im off them 100% these new siege earphones are gonna get a workout this season smile

I have the Elevens, Stealths AND Divisions…  They are all super slick.  The sound it great the feel is quality and look it all class.  I for sure recommend them to everyone no matter if your riding your board or the bus they keep you zoned in to what matters.

darb - 06 May 2010 11:16 PM

I have the Elevens, Stealths AND Divisions…  They are all super slick.  The sound it great the feel is quality and look it all class.  I for sure recommend them to everyone no matter if your riding your board or the bus they keep you zoned in to what matters.

HOw do they hold up to bad weather?

snowdragon - 14 May 2010 03:55 AM
darb - 06 May 2010 11:16 PM

HOw do they hold up to bad weather?

What kinda bad weather you talking about.  With the buds Im sure you could get away with some pretty hairy weather but you kinda protect them as you protect yourself.  I have not really had the elevens out in anything to wild yet so could not give you a definite answer.

Like anything I suppose the better you take care of it the longer it will last.

snowslider - 05 May 2010 04:14 PM

I recall reading in a Transworld Business magazine, that Skullcandy had been such a success despite the “economic downturn” and grew rapidly during the last year… that there will be many music accessory and headphone companies coming out to tap into that market.
Good for skullcandy for being there at the right time. lets hope they continue to support snowsports like the seem to have so far… but maybe Siege will be marketed toward us a little better? we’ll see.

the pics look good. I am surprised that they only have one size for the in ear buds (see website).

Siege was actually started by a couple of guys who worked for Skullcandy but broke away because they were not happy with the quality and the direction Skullcandy was taking, as they started making skateboards, mp3 players, clothing etc. These guys wanted to make great headphones for sports people, and siege was born out of this, they live snowsports and even based the company in Salt Lake City Utah. Siege will only ever make headphones and ear buds.  Although Siege is only new it is very active in the United States and Japan with its support of snowsports and hip hop music, in Australia we are also committed to supporting both summer and winter sports, we are only new but have big plans for Australia, just watch this space.

With the sizing for the buds, the ALPHAs actually come with 4 different sized and shaped caps that you can swap to get the best fit to enhance the listening experience, as well as stay in the ear. The STEALTHs come with 5 caps and the unique cord control system that allows you to loop and hang the buds around your neck making them less lilely to fall out of your ears when running, as well as easier to put in and out of your ears when on the mountain.

Thanks for the posts and remember:

Never Go Quietly!!!

Callum - 16 May 2010 09:12 AM
snowslider - 05 May 2010 04:14 PM

Siege was actually started by a couple of guys who worked for Skullcandy but broke away because they were not happy with the quality and the direction Skullcandy was taking, as they started making skateboards, mp3 players, clothing etc. These guys wanted to make great headphones for sports people, and siege was born out of this, they live snowsports and even based the company in Salt Lake City Utah. Siege will only ever make headphones and ear buds.  Although Siege is only new it is very active in the United States and Japan with its support of snowsports and hip hop music, in Australia we are also committed to supporting both summer and winter sports, we are only new but have big plans for Australia, just watch this space.

With the sizing for the buds, the ALPHAs actually come with 4 different sized and shaped caps that you can swap to get the best fit to enhance the listening experience, as well as stay in the ear. The STEALTHs come with 5 caps and the unique cord control system that allows you to loop and hang the buds around your neck making them less lilely to fall out of your ears when running, as well as easier to put in and out of your ears when on the mountain.

Thanks for the posts and remember:

Never Go Quietly!!!

It is amazing to see how Skullcandy has built that company based just on headphones - a once thought outdated accessory.  I read in Transworld Snowbiz that through all of the economic struggles lately, Skullcandy was one of few companies that diddnt lose money, and yet they grew some large percentage. the speculation at that point was that many companies would follow suit…and here we are.

I do think… and see that Skullcandy makes some price point cheap stuf, but they make really nice higher end items… of which I cant afford, nor do I have much of a purpose for. Yet I would like some quality ear buds. Thuth is that ear buds are so cheap and so many make them. it is hard to find a nice pair.
You can go to the apple.com website and pay over $200 USD for a pair of earbuds for your ipod or computer. WOW.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/headphones?mco=MTM3NTY0Nzc

Here is a pair for $349USD http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX587VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTcyODgzNTI&s=topSellers these are earbuds not headphones.

and I’m sure they are nice, but Im not spending that much.

Finding a pair that fits and stays in my ear when running is my real desire.

Companies like Nixon that have started making headphones, are just cashing in… as much as I like Nixon’s watches.
I hope the best for Siege.
Companies that branch from the “big guys” and go out on their own tend to do well… look at ROME. and I hope we see it the YES as well.

Are they a publicly traded company or private?

I have seen a set of logitec ear buds for over $700 AUD at Harvey Norman, the sound could not get that much better for nearly 10 times the price, they must be gold plated.

Sound quality plays a big part in selecting a set of buds, but comfort in my opinion is more important, they can have the best sound but if you have to sit down to listen to them, you might as well turn up the stereo.

Thats the benefit of the ALPHA and STEALTH, they come with different sized and shaped caps so you can get the best fit and the STEALTH has the unique cord control system allows you to hang them around your neck, so you can listen to tunes while you enjoy life. thats the main aim of Siege Audio, to give you a great listening expereince while you enjoy the things you like to do. We are trying to get them to work on a water proof set as well, so you can listen to music while swimming or surfing.

Siege is a privately owned company.

Too bad on the privately owned bit, I like to track companies’ stock. but I’ve never invested like that.

Callum, I totally agree that comfort is the priority with earbuds!!! X2, X3, X4!!!
Sound is important, but not as important as the functionality.
and function over fashion as well.
I just want ‘em to stay in place!

I do have a cheap pair of in ears that have different size covers, and I’ve found that they just seem to cancel out more noise as I try the bigger sizes.

That is another thing that is hard to overcome.
noise canceling is a popular feature, but personally if I shut out the outside world completely it makes it super unsafe to use while running on the street.
I’m more of a trail runner, that is what I prefer, but truthfully I run on the street quite frequently too.

A good fitting in ear bud, would work well when snowboarding too.
I’ve only tried snowboarding with headphones a few times. Of course I wear a helmet so that adds to the difficulty. I cant wear a basic pair of headphones, like Skullcandy makes. and the in-ear buds all fall out. so it is difficult.

I imagine the day that my wife and I can both wear a cordless ear bud while riding and listen to the same song track via the same iPod. Like bluetooth earbuds or something. I bet that technology is out there… and way too expensive for me.

I have a pair of the stealth’s and once I figured out which size attached fit my ear best I have not had a problem with them falling out.  I use them alot under my helmet when Im out mountain biking and riding to work.  The bigger sizes do cancel out any outside noise but as you said its not the safest when riding down a main street in Sydney.

Sound quality in them is heaps better then the Ipod default headphones, and having the volume control on the cord means that when I do rock up somewhere and I need to have a quick chat, I dont have to fumble around grabbing my ipod out of my pocket or bag, or pulling out the headphones.  They are honestly a great fitting, great sounding comfortable, practical unit for active people.  If and when your in the market for new ones I say check em out, you will not be disappointed.

So I was running in the woods today. Using my iPod and a cheap pair of Aicked earbuds that I bought with the plan that they were “disposable” and when they either failed or just plain sucked - I would throw them away and not feel that I was out any cash…
NE WAY

I’m telling a story about Brad’s comment of fumbling for the volume…
So I’m running down a trail that I have never been on, but my wife tells me it is nice. For the first time ever…. I see a BEAR. thats right about 3 ft tall, I’d say and about 4 ft long…. A guy told me later that he was probably 3 or 4 years old by that size. he never stood up, he was on all 4s the whole time, but he saw me before I saw him, and he ran away into the woods but only about 100 or 150 feet. ..... and there I am fumbling with the volume on my iPod. For some dumb reason I kept running, knowing that I would have to run back by that same place in about 30 mins… and hopefully NOT encounter that bear again. the bear was staring at me as I went by him and got out of sight. I’m thinking to myself “I dont know what to do if I encounter a bear!” “Is it safe to keep running?, Is he going to follow me?, Can he hear my headphones and would that aggravate him?” (of course I’m listening to an audio book - I’m a nerd, I know) A guy later tells me that I should walk away from him and not run. Well, there I was running.
But I was safe and I guess he was as scared of me as I was of him…. Glad it turned out the way it did.

CRAZY! (I’m thinking about how I would have to leave some trace behind so they knew something happened to me… like being sure to kick off a shoe when being mauled by this bear, just to leave something behind other than my black covered and easily missed iPod case, and little but of my blood, if they even saw that)

He looked about like this, but a little smaller:

So here’s my question.
Are Siege audio ear buds awesome enough to protect me if a bear attacks me?
I think I need the bear-protection feature on a new pair of earbuds.

Wow great story…First advice is get a bear bell and wear it while running in the woods.  I dont hike back home in Canada anymore without wearing one…Well unless I am doing nature photography in which I try to be extra sneaky.

So the good news is that I have not seen nor been attacked by any Bears, Lions, or Saber tooth tigers while wearing my Siege Audio head gear.  Soooooo I would have to say they are good protection… That being said I have a rock for sale that keeps polar bears from stealing your car taking offers.

It is time to bring this topic back to the topic of Siege’s headphones.

I am excited to say that I have a pair of these Siege headphones - the Stealth without the mic is what I have… in blue and I think they
http://www.siegeaudio.com/product-stealth.html
I was imprressed the moment I got them from teh packaging and all that was in it!
The bag they come in was a surprise, it’s pretty plush and a smooth looking bag, and not cheaply made either.
The headphones do seem to have a slimmer design that other earbud designs that I have seen and used.
The way they hang from your hear is a “lower profile” than others, that seem to hang at a right angle to your head. The Siege Stealth is a slim design that drapes down lightly, so a tug from the cord doesnt dislodge the ear bud, like other designs.

The colorways look fresh on the website, and I agree that in person they look that good!

Other ingredients in the packaging were more options for personalizing my fit that I can shake a stick at!
There was 3 soft “normal” style tips, in 3 sizes, and then there was a couple memory foam style squishy tips. I tried using these as I would squish them and then place them in my ear to let them reexpand and take form and stay in place. I liked trying these out.

I like using the bag, as I wrap them up in between use, and I keep the little ziplock baggie to keep all the options for different shape tips and things with it all.

The packaging also comes with a logo sticker, too.

I’ll post again later today about my experiences with using them and the various tips I have used.
So far I have about 40 miles (60+ kilometers) of running with the headphones and I look forward to more.

I’ll share those thoughts soon.