The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what is your current setup? what do you want next?

C J Parker - 08 August 2011 01:55 PM

^^ Yeah the mini logos are a basic bearing, but good for their price. If you want faster and better, try the bones super reds or modus titaniums.
Deck wise man your pushing length as it is. The only other thing that you can get that is going to let you stand like your snowboarding is a long board. Funny thing about longer decks, I am about a foot shorter than you Andy and I like a slightly longer deck. Can’t ride short skateboards.

You have a longer deck than mine??
What brand is it?
How wide is it?
Where did you get it? .... Oh right, you work in a skate store.
I’d love to know what it is cause mine is the biggest I’ve seen and I looked everywhere on the net and in every store I go into.

^^^ Well I am no longer working in a skate store. I have moved to the UK and no have a different job.
Trying to remember Andy if you are in Australia or Canada?

I was in Canada and now in Australia lol
Everyone is switchin countries

8” Untitled Deck
Thunder Team trucks (polished)
Bones Reds
Element 51mm wheels
Element 1” bolts
Jessup Grip

and 1 happy skater smile

Oh Yeh, I can post in here now!

8” 24 Skateboards Deck - Potato Men
5.25 Iron Trucks
24 Grip
24 Ceramic Bearings
24 Wheels 52mm

With those ceramic bearings you must be flying! :O

Yeh feels pretty good. I probably have been on faster before, but the thing I notice the most is the smoothness and the quietness of them!
But yes they are pretty fast!

I can’t believe this, my current deck and shoes have been skated on for longer than a month. I was so use to replacing things that often that I am now back to skate rat status. Thing is, I am loving it.
Fracture 8” deck (UK brand) keep an eye out I will start posting about the UK stuff.
Destructo D2 lite Steve Fortsner model
Modus Titaniums
Mystery party pack wheels 52mm.
rolling on it and loving it.

Ooh I’ve heard about those mystery wheels, they any good?

C J Parker - 20 November 2011 10:20 PM

I can’t believe this, my current deck and shoes have been skated on for longer than a month. I was so use to replacing things that often that I am now back to skate rat status. Thing is, I am loving it.

Is that because you were working in the store you were able to do that? How much were you skating then, everyday? Was it you needed to get new gear or more the fact you had access to it.

How is it going over there in UK anyway, much skating?

BKM - 20 November 2011 10:52 PM

Ooh I’ve heard about those mystery wheels, they any good?

Yes they are they roll really smooth and I haven’t flat spotted them yet. The four colours just adds to the really cool factor.

Andy Aitken - 04 October 2011 07:18 AM

I was in Canada and now in Australia lol
Everyone is switchin countries

Yeah it’s the big switch up. Wonder if I will be able to ride better switch now I am in the Northern side.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 21 November 2011 04:44 AM
C J Parker - 20 November 2011 10:20 PM

Is that because you were working in the store you were able to do that? How much were you skating then, everyday? Was it you needed to get new gear or more the fact you had access to it.

How is it going over there in UK anyway, much skating?

Well before I was working in a shop I was constantly changing gear anyways. But saying that I was single and making a bucket load of cash so I loved spending it in skate stores and having fresh gear all the time.
When I was at STM I was always trying out new stuff as well so as to have an honest opinion of what I was selling. Was skating a couple of times a week if I had the chance. Now I am in the UK my pay is definitely not as good and I have other priorities to spend the pay on. I am skating at least once to twice a week at the moment. Except this week my back is giving me grief.

Just snapped my carbon fiber SMA deck. But now I’m rocking a new set up
Deck: 8.25” black label
Trucks: destructo D2 Arto Saari model
Wheels: Flip 51mm pink side cuts
Bearings: bones reds
Hardware: shortys

And new DC Jerry Hsu pro models in blue. Loving life right now

New deck.
English company called Olde. One skate in and loving the feel of it. Had to adjust to the lower tail but the shape is really nice. I am back on modus grip tape and absolutely loving that. Modus deck bolts.
Other than that the set up is still the same as when I moved here 9 months ago.