The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what is your current setup? what do you want next?

New Stuff - Hoon 8.375, its the Dustin Dollin one, my last 8.5 was great for tranny but trying to flip that thing, the hoon seems to be a bit longer then my slave board which is a bit weird, i also got some Spitfires they flat spotted in 2 days, i dont get it why do brands that everyone says a re good end up being rubbish, im not sure how to put a photo on but ive got one

It is a funny thing with boards. Sometimes you think that a wider board is going to be longer, but no. It all comes down to the shapes some brands like to produce. They will have longer kicks which changes the overall length. I know the folklore deck I last had, had a really big nose. I loved that shape, it was such a good deck to thrash around on.
I just had some spitfire F1 formulas, well needless to say after cessing around on them for an evening. GONE. Flat spot on all 4 wheels, some with 2 flat spot sections.

Slave Goemann 8” rat test,
Destructo D2 lite Steve Forstner colourway,
Modus Titanium bearings, shields off,
Mystery 52mm party pack wheels.

ff=66 - 02 August 2011 01:11 AM

New Stuff i also got some Spitfires they flat spotted in 2 days, i dont get it why do brands that everyone says a re good end up being rubbish

I hear you on the flatspotting buddy. If you want some good wheels, I’d say go for bones. I ran over this RC car some dummy left in the Mac Fields bowl on the first day I had them and got a flatspot, but it evened out after a day or two. Seriously, this was a BIG rc car. I reckon any wheel would’ve flatspotted.

Powell Mini Logo Deck 8.5 x 33.5
Indy Wide Trucks
Spitfire 55 wheels
Mini Logo Bearings

I’m on what most would call a pretty big deck but I want to go bigger. Being almost 6"5 and a snowboarder I always feel like the board is to small and I can’t stand wide enough. Maybe I’m just not built for skating but I’m still looking for a deck that might actually feel good to me.
Also some new bearings would be good, I got these cause they were cheap but they’re pretty slow.

^^ Yeah the mini logos are a basic bearing, but good for their price. If you want faster and better, try the bones super reds or modus titaniums.
Deck wise man your pushing length as it is. The only other thing that you can get that is going to let you stand like your snowboarding is a long board. Funny thing about longer decks, I am about a foot shorter than you Andy and I like a slightly longer deck. Can’t ride short skateboards.

Not exactly sure on my setup because my mate gave me it.

I do know its a 7.5 Blind deck with element wheels (saw the logo haha) and Bones Reds bearings. I got Destructo trucks and they are pink with a signature on them. My mate says Bam Margera signed them but I’m not sure if its true, maybe there just signature series ones or something? Dunno.

I don’t know much about skating as I only started a couple of weeks ago :D

I’m planning on buying a 7.75 Folklore deck this week with some new wheels too and I’ll just put the trucks and stuff on the new deck.
I’m not to certain on the size of the deck I should get, I’m thinking 7.75 and I wear size 11 shoes. I plan on mainly skating street.

What do you reckon?
smile

7.75 will work, its a lot better than a 7.5. See how you go with the 7.75, cause if you want a bigger deck you are most likely going to need to go up truck size.
I would say go an 8 but just see how you go with the 7.75 before you start throwing more money around.

C J Parker - 17 August 2011 07:25 PM

7.75 will work, its a lot better than a 7.5. See how you go with the 7.75, cause if you want a bigger deck you are most likely going to need to go up truck size.
I would say go an 8 but just see how you go with the 7.75 before you start throwing more money around.

Yeah I’ll give 7.75 a go smile I looked around and people said I can use the trucks I have on a 7.75 deck. I might be getting new wheels too, what size do you think would be good? Im thinking about 52mm but I’m not entirely sure :S

Depending on what type of street skating you are talking about. If you are skating at nice smooth polished concrete parks, you could even go 50mm. If you are planning on some street spots and using the board to get around, I would say stick to 52mm. They are a good size.

7.75 Folklore warm press deck
Destructo Bam 5.0 trucks
Bones Reds bearings
Folklore blanks 52mm

Thinking of going to an 8’’ deck whenever I get a new deck. Don’t think the trucks will matter with the bigger deck? Might also buy some Bones STF’s 52’s or 50’s

Oh BKM I did not just hear you say that trucks, size not mattering.
It does matter my friend. If you are planning on going up to an 8” and staying on that size, I do suggest investing in some fresh (5.25, 139, 147) size trucks. The reason why I have written down 3 sizes is because each company uses a different size measurements.
New trucks before wheels I say if you are planning the move up in size of decks.

C J Parker - 28 September 2011 06:21 PM

Oh BKM I did not just hear you say that trucks, size not mattering.
It does matter my friend. If you are planning on going up to an 8” and staying on that size, I do suggest investing in some fresh (5.25, 139, 147) size trucks. The reason why I have written down 3 sizes is because each company uses a different size measurements.
New trucks before wheels I say if you are planning the move up in size of decks.

:O I guess I better start saving, most of the trucks I’ve looked at are $80+ what trucks should I get? I’ve heard good things about thunders and I think they will last. Everythings so expensive :(

We need some more skateboarding deck and truck giveaways wink haha

7.75 habitat deck, venture trucks, ricta natural wheels and bones red bearings with jessup grip. not sure what i want next yet.

Thunder make some good trucks, can’t go wrong with the raws.
I skate on the Destructo D2’s, I like the way they turn and grind.